Water crystals for centipedes

vyadha

Arachnosquire
We these safe for pedes as a way to help keep substrate moist?

vyadha

Arachnosquire
I’m going out if town for a week in late June. It’s oretty dry where i live. Looking for a way to keep the moisture up for my piecoflava

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't know about that species, but I have Scolopendra heros, S. polymorpha, and S. dehaani. When I've had to go out of town for a week or so, I just water a little heavier than usual (fill and overflow the water dish, so the sub is pretty moist on that side of the cage) then set something on top of the screen so it's partly covered, reducing ventilation (and moisture loss) a bit, but not blocking the ventilation entirely. So far, I haven't had any problems.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I’m going out if town for a week in late June. It’s oretty dry where i live. Looking for a way to keep the moisture up for my piecoflava
They will be fine. Moisten the substrate more than usual before you go. Cover some ventilation holes if you feel you need to. It’ll be moist when you come back.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
A week isn't that much anyway a good trick for keep the substrate moistness on the medium/long term is to add a good 'tea spoon' of vermiculite (I use the fine grain only) in the substrate (when you prepare the set up, I mean), mixing well that. Works 100% :pompous: