Warrior Beetle Care???

SoniceSoap

Arachnopeon
So I'm getting a warrior beetle, but sadly there's very little care info of them out there. So I have a few questions regarding them.
-What kind of substrate do they prefer?
-What temperature are they comfortable in and do they need a heat source?
-Would a clean-up crew be useful like springtails?

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I've had one for a while, but I'm no expert so take this with a grain of salt:
-I use about 3-4 inches of damp peat moss/potting soil mix. 2-3 inches should be good enough. The surface stays on the dryer side and the bottom is damper, this works well with watering a little plant in have in the corner.
-It seems to do fine at room temp. (for me that's a night/day range of 74-79).
-Springtails are a great, mines a messy eater, they take care of crumbs and leftovers. Anything bigger than a springtail might get destroyed.

SoniceSoap

Arachnopeon
I've had one for a while, but I'm no expert so take this with a grain of salt:
-I use about 3-4 inches of damp peat moss/potting soil mix. 2-3 inches should be good enough. The surface stays on the dryer side and the bottom is damper, this works well with watering a little plant in have in the corner.
-It seems to do fine at room temp. (for me that's a night/day range of 74-79).
-Springtails are a great, mines a messy eater, they take care of crumbs and leftovers. Anything bigger than a springtail might get destroyed.
Thank you so much! I'll remember this advice.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I've had mine for almost 2 years now. I have it in a fairly small 4x4 enclosure with limited ventilation in about 1 1/2" of cocofiber mixed with a bit of sand to help the burrows keep their shape. I have a layer of leaf litter on top and springtails in the enclosure and mist fairly heavily on one side about once every 2 weeks. Mine eats well and is quite active. I originally had it in a larger enclosure with deeper substrate but after pulling several very rotten roaches out of the substrate I moved it to the smaller one to better keep an eye on it. I keep it at room temperature and it's done very well in the smaller enclosure. I feed it appropriately sized red runners that I mangle a bit to slow them down so it can catch them easily.