Wanting a new T

APP0L0

Arachnopeon
So I'm wanting a new T or possibly even scorp I consider myself a beginner but I have some knowledge I've been in the hobby about 4 years now I have 4 Ts and 5 scorps if I get a T I'd like some color TBH as of now my Ts are L. Parahybana, g. Rosea, A. Avicularia, A. Seemanni and my scorps are 2 P. Imperators, H. Troglodyte, 2 heterometrus
Just really wanting some ideas on what I should get I really want a T with more color something different from the ones I have

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Can't go wrong with a C. cyaneopubescens (greenbottle blue) when it comes to color. It's a bit more skittish than what you're used to, but it would be good training. You could also look into H. sp. "Columbia" (pumpkin patch), but that's even more skittish. If you want a burrower that spends a lot of time above ground, M. robustum is a great choice and has great color as well.

And just to throw spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks, here's a few more beginner species with good coloration. Feel free to ask for more info on any particular one.
B. smithi, B. hamorii, P. cambridgei, B. emilia, N. chromatus, A. geniculata

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I especially love the look of :

B. emilia
B. boehmei
GBB
C. versicolor
G. iherengi
P. sazimai (although both of mine throw threat poses like no tomorrow, and Tom Moran said his do the same thing)
N. tripepii

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
a T with more color
You realize how subjective that is. I can't provide you suggestions, you may say "not enough". Providing examples of what you do like, that is NOT in your collection would be helpful to us.

In addition providing a price point too.

APP0L0

Arachnopeon
You realize how subjective that is. I can't provide you suggestions, you may say "not enough". Providing examples of what you do like, that is NOT in your collection would be helpful to us.

In addition providing a price point too.
Well personally I could hit a pretty decent price I enjoy the looks of a C. Cyaneopubescens and the P. Matalica is like my dream T but I dont want a sling as my first and that seems to be all I can find around me or online nor do I want a sling as my first OW but I also like the P. Sazimai which a C. versicolor would be nice as well does this help at all??

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well personally I could hit a pretty decent price I enjoy the looks of a C. Cyaneopubescens and the P. Matalica is like my dream T but I dont want a sling as my first and that seems to be all I can find around me or online nor do I want a sling as my first OW but I also like the P. Sazimai which a C. versicolor would be nice as well
Versi are exellent, excellent eaters/feeding response too, would be a good choice. Metallica bad choice if you feel you're not ready yet. An OW sling is better to get IME because it gives you time to learn that Ts behavior a bit/hopefully...Rather than getting an adult or a large juvi.

Sazimai are great, another good choice, a little flicky at times for some specimens. GBB another excellent choice.

You can't go wrong the ones w/you mentioned, I love blue!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
P. sazimai (although both of mine throw threat poses like no tomorrow, and Tom Moran said his do the same thing)
I've been reading about these since they were first discovered, this is not uncommon for this species.

APP0L0

Arachnopeon
Sazimai are great, another good choice, a little flicky at times for some specimens. GBB another excellent choice.

You can't go wrong the ones w/you mentioned, I love blue!
Me too and which do you think is better of the two sazimai or gbb and thanks about the matalica I'll have one one day lol I'm leaning towards the sazimai

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Me too and which do you think is better of the two sazimai or gbb and thanks about the matalica I'll have one one day lol I'm leaning towards the sazimai
GBB

They are hard to kill, if a T owner kills a GBB, they simply should be keeping stones as a pet. This species is tough as nails.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
I’d also recommend a GBB, as others have mentioned — beautiful colors from a young age, grows quickly, relatively active T and lots of webbing. It seems a sensible next step from your current T’s and will provide more color and different behaviors to watch as well. :)

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Care a for them around abouts the same as a seemani
i keep those two sp. almost as opposite as can be.

A. seemani i keep with deep sub that is slightly moistened (though i let it dry out sometimes) and i don't bother with having a lot of stuff above ground as it is a pet hole.

GBB i keep bone dry, shallow sub (though it wouldn't hurt to offer more) and LOTS of above ground anchor points.