Want to get my next few T's...

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey man 1st off I am surprised if you are good friends with Kelly and purchase 95% from him that you have the attitude of the cheaper the spider the better. I am sure he would not be in agreement, but friends can still agree to disagree. Furthermore, I would stick with Swift and his circle of "amigos" when ordering spiders then.

2nd you state, "When you say Arachnoiden is no different than PetCenter, are you saying that Arachnoiden is a tarantula smuggler or ships/receives items illegally? I want to be clear what you are writing, as I'm sure others would want to know when they search for dealers" I am arguing with specifically when you stated, "Quite right" :D In this case however the lower priced A. versi is coming from an ethical breeder/seller." Again, it/he is not ethical when he lied, threw me and others under the bus saying we brown boxed, and never apologized in any way after he made his big sale that back fired on him. I will post the details in the next post in case they delete so this post does not get deleted.
I don't think that "cheaper is better". IF that was the case, I would have been buying from Petcenter 100% of the time; I've NEVER bought from Becker. It was Kelly who first told me about PB and his run in w/the law. I'm glad he did because if he hadn't, I would have picked up some Avics from him many years ago.

Then be surprised, it's true.:D I personally PM people and tell them Swifts all the time or in combination with a few other major dealers, such as Jamie's, and here on the board as well I endorse him. His service is top notch. I've never seen anyone provided better service IMO. I place SERVICE above price. That may explain by I buy almost exclusively from Kelly. But if you want a list of what a consumer thinks, here's why I buy from Kelly:

1. Quality of the animals- never a DOA
2. Packing is always flawless
3. He always provides a decent care sheet
4. Always a freebie, sometimes more than 1.
5. He always, always has sent me (not requested mind you) plenty of TINY crickets, pinheads. I have never had a single seller do that thus far for me.
6. Always responds to email and phone calls when help is needed.
7. Always sends his business card.
8. He's a stand-up guy, plain and simple.

Mind you I'm not suggesting other people aren't good sellers, etc, I'm only speaking of my experience.

IMO, Kelly is the consummate professional. He runs his outfit excellently and is the gold standard in my opinion. I've known him for a very long time and I'm always willing to pay a bit more for the type of service and product he provides.

I think greater than 95% is a pretty good brand loyal customer, and Kelly's brand is second to none.

I realize you may find this in conflict with some of my above posts. However, purchasing is not as simple as "cheaper is better" for me at least. It never has been.

I've worked in the business arena selling to customers. Unless you have a unique product, in my opinion, the most important factor is SERVICE. A customer can buy a car anywhere, but can they great service from dealer A vs dealer B???

If the service is terrible from pre-sale through post-sale, most consumers will stop buying from that vendor. I've seen this time and time again over years of selling/service to people.

If you have info mi amigo, just PM me that way you don't have to worry about a post getting tossed or something ;)

Anyway, if you have more to say, please PM me. I hate hijacking a thread.

Last edited:

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't think that "cheaper is better". IF that was the case, I would have been buying from Petcenter 100% of the time; I've NEVER bought from Becker. It was Kelly who first told me about PB and his run in w/the law. I'm glad he did because if he hadn't, I would have picked up some Avics from him many years ago.

Then be surprised, it's true.:D I personally PM people and tell them Swifts all the time or in combination with a few other major dealers, such as Jamie's, and here on the board as well I endorse him. His service is top notch. I've never seen anyone provided better service IMO. I place SERVICE above price. That may explain by I buy almost exclusively from Kelly. But if you want a list of what a consumer thinks, here's why I buy from Kelly:

5. He always, always has sent me (not requested mind you) plenty of TINY crickets, pinheads. I have never had a single seller do that thus far for me.

Mind you I'm not suggesting other people aren't good sellers, etc, I'm only speaking of my experience.

IMO, Kelly is the consummate professional. He runs his outfit excellently and is the gold standard in my opinion. I've known him for a very long time and I'm always willing to pay a bit more for the type of service and product he provides.

I think greater than 95% is a pretty good brand loyal customer, and Kelly's brand is second to none.

If you have info mi amigo, just PM me that way you don't have to worry about a post getting tossed or something ;)
Kelly is a good friend of mine as well. We've known each other for many years, we bs a lot. Glad to know that you deal with someone that has been in the hobby for a long time and that will always take care of your needs.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Kelly is a good friend of mine as well.
I know he is, he's mentioned you a few different times to me on the phone over the years!

Trust me man, I consider myself extremely fortunate to know Kelly and have as a friend. As I've told him and many others, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't know nearly as much as I do, NOR be into Ts as much as I am if it wasn't for him.

Last edited:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm just wondering now what Steve123 is thinking of since I ordered my captive born B. baumgarteni, verdezi and the new species
Stichoplastoris sp
Mexican striped knee tarantula that were imported directly from Mexico. Maybe he thinks I deal with the Cartel's.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
F-Word I want to be part of that T's Mafia too as well :banghead:

ah ah, incredible.
I'm free Thursday and Saturday is that enough time to run a cartel?

*Edit* Hey @BobBarley Chris and I are starting a cartel.. We need a mule.. It pays all the cookies and milk you can handle.. Thurs and Sat bring a switchblade!

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

*Edit* Hey @BobBarley Chris and I are starting a cartel.. We need a mule.. It pays all the cookies and milk you can handle.. Thurs and Sat bring a switchblade!
Just let me know when you divide up the USA, I want to know who I'm dealing with ;)

BobBarley

Arachnoprince

I'll only do if you add in free M&M's.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire

I agree that Kelly is a GREAT choice, I ordered his last H. lividum (or C. lividus, still unsure what to call it) and he messaged me a day before he shipped it telling me how it looked very unwell and he didn't think it would make it, so he let me pick another species to have instead, and that's how I got my fabulous and gorgeous Hapalopus sp. Colombia! :D
However, I got a free Dune scorpion as well that died the night it arrived. I don't blame Kelly, it was most likely a wild caught specimen and may have been sick/unwell beforehand, or the temperature may have dropped during the shipment, and it couldn't stand the vast temperature change in my house.
I'm always checking his site to see what pops up lol, currently I'm eyeing his florida trapdoor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, this thread went in a terrible direction.
"5dice
Arachnopeon

Well, this thread went in a terrible direction."

Not at all it actually became very informative. It lets individuals know pertinent details about dealers/sellers who have been very unprofessional like Steve123 and those you can trust like Swift, Joe Rossi, and myself Exoskeleton Invertebrates.