Waiting for a delievery

Warren870

ArachnoRedneck
IMG_9295.JPG Anyone else ever get fed up waiting for fedex to show up? I'm 5 hours in on waiting for good ol fedex to show up and according to them it could be up to another 4.5. Good lord. This wouldn't be so bad if I was sitting in my nice air conditioned house but no I'm stuck waiting at my gate with nothing but the red wasps, mosquitoes and horse flys as company.

The reason I'm stuck at the gate is we live way out in the country. As in only dirt roads no neighbors for miles country. The gate also serves to keep my livestock contained so it's not like I can just leave it open. A cattle guard is sorely needed.

Fedex tracking really isn't much help. All it says is "out for delivery". Most people have a general idea of when fedex is likely to show up. That is not my case. I've had them show up at 10am and the very next time 7:30pm so it really is a guessing game.

Why not have it held for pickup you ask. Well the nearest hub that will hold live animals is 100 miles away. I'm not very keen to drive 200 miles. It sure would be faster then waiting though.

This thread is pointless. Just a bored man looking to pass the time. Anyone else have fedex complaints? We can complain (and change nothing) together. I'll include a picture of the view I've had for the better part of my day.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
As a non American (despite half of the family of my mother are 100% yankees) I need to say:

1) Amazing picture, place, everything - Bourbon included. Seriously.

2) Wait for the FedEx guy with a .300 Win Mag in hands.

3) Amen. Whatever it takes.

:) :playful: :kiss: :troll:

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Tell me your waiting at the end of the drive,a little piece of heaven,btw,in a F-250 7.3 Powerstroke waiting
to get a spooder delivery,and im dying of green envy.And if there is a yellow lab next to you waiting also,
im going to start crying.

Warren870

ArachnoRedneck
Tell me your waiting at the end of the drive,a little piece of heaven,btw,in a F-250 7.3 Powerstroke waiting
to get a spooder delivery,and im dying of green envy.And if there is a yellow lab next to you waiting also,
im going to start crying.
Sadly no yellow lab we've got a German shepherd so save your tears :) Normally he would be with me but it was just to hot to have him in the truck for hours. While I do love powerstrokes I'm currently driving a duramax.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Sadly no yellow lab we've got a German shepherd so save your tears :) Normally he would be with me but it was just to hot to have him in the truck for hours. While I do love powerstrokes I'm currently driving a duramax.
Good enough!.Hope everyone arrives in good shape.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Aww, sounds like home!

If you have cell phone service there, you can put up a sign asking FedEx to call you when they arrive... that's how we do it. Or you could enjoy the tranquility, sit in the shade and read a book :)

cold blood

Staff member
Aww, sounds like home!

If you have cell phone service there, you can put up a sign asking FedEx to call you when they arrive... that's how we do it. Or you could enjoy the tranquility, sit in the shade and read a book :)
Im pretty sure you can sign up on their site and get real time tracking for the package and a more specific delivery time estimations.

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
Looks a nice place you have.

I just get them delivered to work. Our office manager, that generally picks up all the deliveries, hates me. :) She's a big arachnophobe, like can't even look at photos on a screen sort of scared. I always check the "live insects" sticker option, but she still thinks everything I get delivered is spiders!

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
No neighbours for miles? Sounds awesome!

That's an amazing piece of land.

Can't you install a bell or something like that at the gate and comr and get the package when they ring?

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Im pretty sure you can sign up on their site and get real time tracking for the package and a more specific delivery time estimations.
Yeah it’s something like FedEx Manager or some such. Just have to make an account. Pretty nifty little service it is.