Vunerability of snakes to pesticides???

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello Everybody,
I already posted a thread in the Tarantulas forum about my concerns with the impending gassing/fogging of my apartment building - but I felt compelled to ask again in regards to my Ball Pythons....how vulnerable are THEY to this kind of thing, and how long would it be before I could return them to their normal location in my bedroom after this process is done.I am not sure exactly what they have in mind but I am assuming judging by the intercepted conversation that I overheard between my manager and the Exterminator company that it will be some sort of major spraying of the whole apartment complex.Perhaps even a tenting.I would appreciate any information on saving my snakes - I am soooo worried now...

Hamadryad

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pesticides are VERY harmful to snakes and other animals.....relocate your snake if you have this done.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I fully agree. You need to move the snakes out until the fog has had time to settle. Personally even though 24 hours should be long enough I would err on the side of caution and give it a few days before bringing them back in.

Phil