Visit From The Usda!!

NrthCstInverts

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Guys, not sure if this is the right forum for this but(if its not feel free to move it)........
I just got a visit from two very nice USDA officers. They seized my Vietnamese Walking Sticks, (that i just bought at the beginning of June!!). They said they ARE watching the forums here and are starting to have to put a stop to the shipping of illegal "possible pest" insects across state lines. Thought you would all like to know!!

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
:confused: :confused: :confused: WHAT!? are you serious man!? they ARE watching us?

Well listen you....USDFA or what ever....IM WATCHING YOU, AND I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER....

(runs and locks door because i have tons of illegal animals{D {D )

just kidding...just kidding....

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
theres a snitch.....or maybe...CASPER THE FREINDLY GHOST DID IT!

Fini

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Better question, how would they get the contact information to do the seizures?

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
But what led them here then, they had to find out in someones shipment who it was being sent too, and they probably mentioned oh yeah I belong to arachnoboards.

NrthCstInverts

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well arachnoboards is not really a big secret....... I mean we all found it because we love the hobby etc....... so why is it suprising that they can find the place because its their job?

Also as far as the personal info on the shipments etc..... heres a hint: (they are the government).

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tell them to stop being coweardly and come on here and admit their foul deeds Jeez I am tempted just to buy such bug then let them go on purpose.:mad: At least tell them to remburse you the bastards.

Fini

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well unless the admin of this board are freely giving the information to the fedz (which is unlikely) there isn't a good explanation of how they got the contact information. It's not as easy as being government.

NrthCstInverts

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol, the subject of reimbersment came up (they mentioned it) and the word is they dont pay you to take your stuff. they said i should go after the person i bought them from for selling me "illegal" product.
Well all i can say is ill be a little more careful who i buy from and what i actually buy in the future. I mean i dont exactly keep my personal info a secret, maybe ill just be a little more careful about that from now on as well.
The funny thing is this: They acted suprised when i told them i JUST got them a month ago! They also had some slightly outdated info on where i lived. But they had the correct phone number though, even though it is in someone elses name. So to me that kind says they got the number from here on the boards. go figure.

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
:eek:k but....HOW do they find you!? it doesnt matter if they're the government, or aliens from jupiter, Your name, adress, etc. isn't stated on this website. All i've found out is youlive in ohio, that doesnt help them:?

;P :) :wall: :confused: :embarrassed: :eek: :liar: :mad: :drool: :drool: :rolleyes: :clap: :cool: {D :p :} ;) :? :D :worship: :8o :eek: :razz: {D :( :evil:

NrthCstInverts

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a few theories on this..... but the two easiest are these:
They were either watching me or more likely the person who shipped them to me and got my info off the box etc.....
Or they saw me get the box from that person and got my info from some government agency, due to my having a business license, id numbers etc....

That and its not really THAT hard to dig up info on someone. I have a friend who does it for a "living" and with only a minimal amount of money and work he can get ALL sorts of info on you, least of all being your address

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They probably thought that you were going to construct a bomb with them.:rolleyes:

slingshot71

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Fini said:
Well unless the admin of this board are freely giving the information to the fedz (which is unlikely) there isn't a good explanation of how they got the contact information. It's not as easy as being government.
A quick search provides the Name and email address:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?p=704932#post704932

All the fedz have to do is contact the email provider for contact info. Or have the email provider give them the originating IP address for any message that he sent, and then contact his internet provider. Very few ISPs say no to government requests.

EDIT: I searched the buy/sell entries and also came up with a phone #!
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=68902

kraken

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its simple....Your ISP number.Each time we post on here,or even sign on,our ISP is "left" here.They track that to your internet provider,and BAM! Your name,number,address,everything.Whether its AOL,MSN,whoever,they have to give it when the feds come calling. I heard from VERY reliable sources that there are snitches here. All they have to do though is get your screen name,then I dont know who they get them from,but like one site I post on it leaves your ISP right next to your post.Its the same way they bust pedophiles,and terrorists and the like. Your ISP #....and unless you use proxy servers,you leave them anywhere you go.They can search me, I have nothing(exept for the giant brain slugs from planet Xt-223-N{D {D {D )

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Arachnoboards does not endorse or encourage any hobbyist to disobey the laws in his/her country in any respect.

We are the largest forum of it's kind on the internet - it is not a surprise that we may be monitored as illegal trade in animals is a lucrative business that often shows little compassion for the animals we care so much about.

Laws that protect our native environments are needed - one need only look at Australia to know why. If there is legislation that prevents you from keeping the animals you have an interest in, I would suggest you pursue that through legal channels and explore what options you may have.

Arachnoboards is not in the business of offering personal information to any agency - we hardly have time to read all the posts much less try to play secret agent.

NrthCstInverts

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
slingshot71 said:
EDIT: I searched the buy/sell entries and also came up with a phone #!
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=68902
yeah , i put that on there , and its not really a big deal. Im not all mystified that they found me. Im actually just disappointed that they took my sticks is all. That and i am disappointed that i spent money that is now wasted, even if it was just a small amount.