Vinegaroon egg sac came off!

Rosita1

Arachnopeon
My vinegaroon came out of her burrow this week with a beauty of an egg sac attached and when I checked her just now, the egg sac was off in the corner! Will she reattach it or is it a loal cause?
Any help would be appreciated!
JP

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
I don’t think they’re going to make it. You can try but I don’t know if it’ll hatch. How close is it to emerging? Can you see the postembryo emerging or is it still in the egg form? It’ll probably erupt into mold but you can try keeping it by itself. Pics would also help a lot, where’d you get the vinegaroon? If it was wild caught the stress could’ve caused it to drop the sac. How are the moisture/humidity conditions, is it too dry or is it dripping wet?

Rosita1

Arachnopeon
She's guarding the sac pretty close, but I think still egg form. She just came out with the sac a few days ago. Moisture is good, she has a water dish, dirt filled of course! She was a gift, and I've had her for at least 9mo, the egg sac was a total surprise. I'm not sure if she was wild caught or not. Here's the best photos I have from same day before it came off. I was really hoping if it was close to hatching there may be a chance.
JP IMG_20190330_200643690.jpg

Attachments

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Not enough substrate, these guys absolutely loce to dig and 5-6” is besr especially for a gravid female. I guess the only thing we can do now is wait and see. Also, with minimal stress to the vinegaroon, could we get a oic of her and the eggsac? If she’s still guarding it there is a very tiny chance that they may hatch.

Rosita1

Arachnopeon
IMG_20190331_094314877.jpg Thanks mantisfan. Her substrate is 3-4" deep on one end and a good 5-6" on the other, but I can even it out across to be deeper. This morning I found the egg sac alone and she was back in her burrow space, it looks like its been gnawed a little, I can't be sure though. I have it in a small container of soil near her cage, just in case. Pics attached as close up as my phone will focus.
JP

Attachments

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Oof, things don’t seem al that good as of right now, if she did indeed try to eat it there’s a high chance that fungus and bacteria will finish it off. You can try the current swtup that you have and see if it’ll work but the outcome doesn’t look so good, sorry about that :(

Rosita1

Arachnopeon
You were right mantisfan...fungus and mold everywhere... disappointed, but worth a shot. Thanks for the assistance!
JP

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
You were right mantisfan...fungus and mold everywhere... disappointed, but worth a shot. Thanks for the assistance!
JP
No problem and hey at least you tried your beat, I did the same with Damon diadema eggsac but mold took over the eggs too.

eldearriba

Arachnopeon
No problem and hey at least you tried your beat, I did the same with Damon diadema eggsac but mold took over the eggs too.
Hello, well here’s my gamble with egg sac that it’s still attached to her, I’ve got a couple of questions

1) do I offer her something to eat?

2) how long will it take to the egg sac born babies?

Thanks in advanced ;)

Attachments

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Hello, well here’s my gamble with egg sac that it’s still attached to her, I’ve got a couple of questions

1) do I offer her something to eat?

2) how long will it take to the egg sac born babies?

Thanks in advanced ;)
No food at all, minimal disturbances. I’ve heard that you’re supposed to keep the substrate moist but not dripping wet. I think they emerge after a month but can spend more months staying in the mother’s back until they molt from their postembryo stage. Once again keep disturbances to an absolute minimum.