Vinegaroon cage size?

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
So I'm getting a small vinegaroon from Bugsincyberspace tomorrow, it's going to be about "1.25 to "1.75 or so, and I'm wondering what cage size I should give it? I want it to have plenty of burrowing space, but at the same time, I don't want it to have difficulty finding it's food, (which will likely be fast moving, non burrowing roaches). So, would a gallon sized container be too big, or do they wander around a bit at night to look for prey?

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I'm getting a small vinegaroon from Bugsincyberspace tomorrow, it's going to be about "1.25 to "1.75 or so, and I'm wondering what cage size I should give it? I want it to have plenty of burrowing space, but at the same time, I don't want it to have difficulty finding it's food, (which will likely be fast moving, non burrowing roaches). So, would a gallon sized container be too big, or do they wander around a bit at night to look for prey?
I have both of my young vinegaroons in approximately gallon-sized containers for now. They seem to be able to catch their prey just fine, and it gives them some room to bulldoze, which they appear to enjoy...or at least indulge in...quite a lot.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I have both of my young vinegaroons in approximately gallon-sized containers for now. They seem to be able to catch their prey just fine, and it gives them some room to bulldoze, which they appear to enjoy...or at least indulge in...quite a lot.
Alrighty, good to know! Will probably use the gallon sized container then! :) Thanks for the info!

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alrighty, good to know! Will probably use the gallon sized container then! :) Thanks for the info!
I'm glad it's helpful! I got my vinegaroons at about the same size last year, they're quite a bit bigger now, but still seem to fit. I may want to move them after they molt again this winter/spring.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
vinegaroons are communal, right?
I don't think so, I imagine they would eat each other at the first opportunity. Some amblypygi are kind of communal, you might be thinking of that?

Last edited:

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Thank you. They seem to like it humid. Should I have springtails with the enclosure?