1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinageroon mating

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by APP0L0, Apr 15, 2019 at 6:06 PM.

1. APP0L0

APP0L0 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hey guys I was wondering if someone could tell me is it okay to attempt to mate vinageroons during the summer or other time or is it strictly fall I've been looking but theres not a whole lot out there about these guys I would love to mate them but of course I dont wanna cause problems

2. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

texas
    You can try anytime as long at they are warmed up. Laying eggs can be random, during summer under a rock, late Spring, one time I had one that laid eggs late in Summer and stayed under for 9 months with the babies until spring. Prob different in the wild, depending where they are located. They are found in the Southwest US but found in Florida also where they may lay eggs randomly, don't really know though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. APP0L0

APP0L0 Arachnopeon

Thank you do you know how long it takes to show signs of being gravid

4. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

texas
    IME they will dig under something like a flat rock or log and block the entrance, you won't see them for months. Make sure the sub is moist, I feel they get water via condensation. They get fat while under, if you're lucky it may make a chamber next to that glass at least enough that you can see it a little bit. You can block the glass with something where you think it might be when it's making a room, maybe tape a piece of cardboard over the glass there, something like that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Arachnobaron Active Member

Keep us updated, I bought a subadult pair that is battling perhaps the worst mite infestation i’ve ever seen. You could but do not try anywhere from November to April as this is when they diapause. I would say maybe June-September would be fine based off of wild cycles. A gravid female would be one that looks round I suppose and looks constantly fat. If she begins showing interest in burrowing I would suggest giving her a lot of moist substrate to dig in and let her be. Do not bother them or else they will eat their eggsacs.