Vinager in humidifier?

Zeez

Arachnopeon
We usually run a humidifier in the room that some of my scorpions are kept, and I was considering running it with some vinegar in the water to kill bacteria and mold in the humidifier as well as in the room. Will the vinegar kill or irritate my scorpions? I've tried to google it, but all I'm finding are ways to exterminate scorpions (so far vinegar hasn't been mentioned as an option, thankfully). So I was wondering if anyone here would have any idea or any links that I could look at.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
While I don't think it would kill the scorps, I could definitely see it being an irritant, especially if you have any species that need to be kept humid. Desert species would probably have less of an issue with it.

Scorpusvonpork

Arachnosquire
Airborne vapors of acetic acid into the air all day. Very irritating. I know this because we use industrial silicone at work occasionally and the acetic acid fumes off. It gets everyone coughing up a lung. I also read in an old scorpion book from the nineties that vinegeroons can gas themselves if you irritate them in a small enclosure. Once again using acetic acid. I don't know if that is accurate, but it was in the book.