[VIDEO] Pinkie being eat by a mantis

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'll agree with the general comments...unecessary and wasteful .To videotape it seems to tell me it was done for kicks.

It isn't hard at all to dupe a mantis into taking a piece of meat.

Another thing, if we are trying to get people to appreciate vertebrates, this certainly doesn't help that.

Last edited:

finman31

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No offense taken jbrd, but i wouldnt make decisions based on my oppions,but I would bring my oppions up,and if all agreed in unison,than appropriate actions would be taken.But,I aint a moderator,so I dont have to worry about it.But,we all are trying to bring inverts into a better light with the general populace,I take many inverts to my kids schools.When things like this are seen,it tends to create "stereotyping" of both inverts and their keepers. I just think its wrong that he posted it because he gets off on stuff like that,because there would ALWAYS be other food items.My mantids have ate tiny pieces of steak on a tooth pick(used to dangle it).Are we going to watch videos of Egyptian Deathstalkers attacking and eating a kitten next? again,all iM saying is people need to take into consideration of other memebers,especially the ones here for years.Heck alot of times my 9 year old twin boys are reading the posts and enjoying the pics with me.I know nature is hell and is totally unrelentless and unforgiving...but it has already been said...that was anything but natural.

Dom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
At least we know who the sick puppies are:evil: .
"Instant karma" would be nice:D .
If you live in a community where they are debating whether to ban these animals just hope the law-makers don't get their hands on this type of material and paint us all with the same brush.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think this is animal cruelty at its worst. I mean what kind of sadistic <edit> enjoys to watch a poor defensless animal get eaten alive. Poor taste in entertainment I say. The only good thing in the photographs is the shots of the mantis doing what it does naturally and that is eat.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
something that gets me thinking; they have a block on swear words, but allow this kind of graphic and sadistic gore without even a mod post.

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the main thing that gets me thinking is not about mods and the forum.. its on how can a person possibly do something like this...

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
while that can never be stressed enough, everyone else already mentioned it, and the mod thing is an issue as well.

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its kind off worrying how some people get their jollies, aint it :(

I've noticed a distinct lack of people defending his right to do what he wants with his animals, I guess he crossed the invisible line.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A response really isn't worth the time.

If you're going to do it again, just please pre-kill the pinkie appropriately. It takes only a moment and will at least allow it to die without suffering.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
nightbreed said:
I've noticed a distinct lack of people defending his right to do what he wants with his animals, I guess he crossed the invisible line.
Maybe this will finally get through to some people - I think this is the first thread where I have yet to see a "That's so cool... all you other people shut up" remark.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well, i doubt many people on here are twisted enough to not become disgusted by a baby animal being eaten alive and having it's blood gush everywhere. there's what tarantulas do, and that's fine all around, but then there's what mantids do.

Last edited:

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'm sorry i had to re-create that visual.

Last edited:

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
becca81 said:
Maybe this will finally get through to some people - I think this is the first thread where I have yet to see a "That's so cool... all you other people shut up" remark.
Hope springs eternal, but I can't see it changing anyones mind.
I just think this one is so heinous that its indefensible and inexcusable.
All he had to do was break its neck, it would of taken mere moments but no, it was much more fun to watch the rat be eaten alive, I really do despair sometimes :(

finman31

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So,I wonder how hard would it be to maybe get a new rule for the board? Maybe everyone write the Mods? I am not going to debate the issue on whether or not someone should or shouldnt feed a certain living creature to another,because when all is said and done no one can stop a sick person that gets their rocks off on gore and misery from doing as they wish in their home.But,I think there needs to be rules on what can be posted.Some said there was pics removed that showed a deathstalker being handled...why?Was it because the mods was scared someone would imitate it and possibly get hurt? Well what happens when people see pics/vids like this and condemn inverts AND their owners? I just think that pics or anything else showing inverts feed should be checked to make sure they aint for pure pleasure from the animal suffering as this clearly was.The bird by the darkness(?) was debateable...whether it was alive,injured,whatever.But this is just a sideshow created for some sicko's enjoyment.Maybe both these guys are friends..as said before.

Techuser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yup, know the darkness from others forums (but not the owner of the T who ate the bird :p )

Well, i see nothing wrong with the mantis eating the rat (and the T with the bird )

The mantidlings does the same things with mosquitos, eating just a little part of them, alives.
Why is the rat more important than a mosquito? Both are defenseless against the mantis.
I think this is false moralism =P

The pinkie is most likely alive in the final pic. If the injuries don't get him, the resulting infection most likely will.
I ripped his head off after the video and pics

And such a wasteful meal.
True, i´m changing my rats to smaller ones while i do not have snakes

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Techuser said:
Why is the rat more important than a mosquito? Both are defenseless against the mantis.
It has to do with the fact that invertebrates, such as the mosquito, are unable to feel pain and would not suffer the same way that a pinkie does.

Why couldn't you have just ripped the head off before using it as food?

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
but seriously. you live in Brazil. you could just step outside and find a perfectly supple insect on the nearest tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.