Old Timer
Hail !
<video removed - PM the user if you want to see it>

Pics from the scene

:worship:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i think thats awesome and painful, but you know you might have arguments soon.

Techuser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know, the rat was too big for him
but he has no other thing to eat >.<

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
holy <EDIT> he was alive... i thought u gave it a dead one... :eek: :eek: pretty gruesome, id rather stay with crickets

Last edited by a moderator:

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cool? You all are kidding, right?

Normally I defend vertebrate feeding to the death when it's done for some nutritional value, but this is just simply cruelty to animals.

The pinkie is most likely alive in the final pic. If the injuries don't get him, the resulting infection most likely will.

There is no reason at all to feed a pinkie to a mantis.

I know someone's going to say: 'but evil...this is sumthing that would happn in the wyld. liten up LOL!!!11'

BS...a mantis wouldn't find a pinkie in the wild due to the fact that they are found in different parts of their respective habitats.

I hate people who do that.

---------------------------------Rant over--------------------------------

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i do agree with you... it was unecessary to do such a thing, specially with a live one...i see very little sense in feeding a young live mouse to a praying mantis... which , in nature, eats basically only invertebrates.

xelda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Evil Cheshire said:
The pinkie is most likely alive in the final pic. If the injuries don't get him, the resulting infection most likely will.
Did you watch the video? It's much worse than what the pictures show. First the pinky's struggling to escape, then it's kind of lulled into a numb state but still jerking occasionally while its arm is being chewed off, then the video gets progressively worse when you see the pinky's organs being pumped with blood through that gaping hole in its body.

Very disturbing. And such a wasteful meal.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am not even commenting about this. Days like this I wish there was such a thing as instant karma the the perosn who did this ran into a tiger that was not really all that hungry and just looking for a snack.

finman31

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Techuser...that was just wrong.People who feed prey for sheer pleasure..as you did...I am lost for words.So what,you couldnt walk outside and find a bug?Your in Brazil for god's sake.You have more bugs than just about anywhere. Or what about offering him a bit of meat on a stick?I have fed alot of mantids that way.You fed him that just to watch a living FEELING organism suffer.That was all.You are cruel and disgusting...normally I stay half neutral,but there is no need or reason to defend someone as yourself.Do it if you want..but i myself wont be looking at anymore of your posts...

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have to agree with everyone else... just not cool at all. Purposely inflicting pain and a definite slow death to an animal is wrong.

Mithrandir

Arachnopeon
I must say... although I really love your photographs and animals this is just completely unnessesary. Ok mantids can hunt down very big prey, and it can be very spectaculair. But to let it slowly kill a completely undefenseless baby mammal, that's indeed not something to be proud about. Ok, lots of people feed mice and rats to snakes, but these are essential to keep the snakes alive and they usually kill their prey quite fast. I don't understand that you didn't have anything else... your pics show a variety of suitable feeders which are quite big. If you really wanna give it a baby rat, kill it first so the animal doesn't has pain for that long amount of time :(

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
first the T vs. baby bird, now this.....

i really hope this does not become a habit of you people who would do that, since that is just plain disgusting. where are the mods on here?

Last edited:

hurley0816

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
are you thedarkness,s friend? the one that fed the bird?? if not, you should be. u guys both have no respect for vertabrates.:evil:

finman31

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree...where are the moderators? These pics and video was i believe what it seems just to disgust AB members,and to cause unrest.Personally if I was a moderator,I would not post needless pics like this.Im sorry...there was just no reason at all to feed a mantis a pinkie rat.Whats next? Feed an elephant to a poodle? The bird in the one thread with the T looked dead..and he could have found it injured or anything...I didnt agree,but i was partially neutral.Techuser posting these pics was just not needed here on this board.I say if you want to be inconsiderate and show how cruel you can be using your inverts as a cover and feed your pets stupid things...then at least keep it to yourself.

finman31

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I also think that anyone who posts pics depicting senseless acts of cruelty should be removed from AB...god i wish i was a moderator

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just wait till I post my video of me feeding puppies to my Boa ;) (j/k)

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
can't wait to see it!!! must be awesome..............:mad: :mad: :mad: ... guys in the future just try to avoid posting this kind of stuff.. makes me and lots of others feel sick and angry... its just useless and quite stupid..cmon

Last edited:

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
finman31 said:
I also think that anyone who posts pics depicting senseless acts of cruelty should be removed from AB...god i wish i was a moderator

I agree. they will take down pics of someone handling a deathstalker but this stays up. I already wrote one of the mods and said since he has not broken any rules there is nothing they can do, but it may be acted upon for discreationary reasons. if you are offened tell the mods, maybe we can get this <edit> banned from here.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
finman31 said:
I am not saying i agree or disagree with this thread but basing your opinion on your feelings makes me glad your not a moderator. No offense intended Finman

Status
Not open for further replies.