Video on centipede anatomy coming soon - Need advice.

TreebeardGoddess

Arachnosquire
You probably already thought of this, but you may want to mention their reproductive parts. I see a lot of posts about how it can be dangerous/traumatizing to sex centipedes. I had no idea about this, so there's probably a lot of other newbies that would like to know!

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
You and me both. I figured they wouldn't be coming anytime soon, so I decided I'd make them myself.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
You should make an in depth video about the conditioning of centipedes, I recently got two Cormocephalus and I'd love to handle them but I don't want to get bit. One is this really cool greenish colour

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
I will. Still, you'll have to be patient. I've got an unboxing video to do this weekend, and probably the anatomy video the following week. I can't really give a set schedule for videos; I'm swamped by study, and I can only work with my animals when time allows.
As a side note, Cormocephalus are great first pedes to work with. They're all quite docile (at least the ones I've seen are) and have a weaker venom than most of the larger centipedes.

Scoly

Arachnobaron
You probably already thought of this, but you may want to mention their reproductive parts. I see a lot of posts about how it can be dangerous/traumatizing to sex centipedes. I had no idea about this, so there's probably a lot of other newbies that would like to know!
Do you have any links or information on claims that either C02 or drowning is dangerous/traumatizing to centipedes? I have heard one opinion stating it is harmless by an individual who claims have drowned 100's of centipedes. He seemed to making a point to counter the view postulated by others suggesting that it is harmful, but I am yet to see anything substantial to suggest it is, other than people assuming that it must be traumatising because it's drowning and that would be traumatising to us.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Do you have any links or information on claims that either C02 or drowning is dangerous/traumatizing to centipedes? I have heard one opinion stating it is harmless by an individual who claims have drowned 100's of centipedes. He seemed to making a point to counter the view postulated by others suggesting that it is harmful, but I am yet to see anything substantial to suggest it is, other than people assuming that it must be traumatising because it's drowning and that would be traumatising to us.
Drowning generally is not as harmful to arthropods as humans, since they have a comparatively low metabolic rate and often store air near the spiracles. Ants can go a week underwater, for example. I can't speak to centipedes in particular, however. A similar case is true for carbon dioxide.

TreebeardGoddess

Arachnosquire
I have no evidence, so I spoke out of turn. I've read here (can't remember what threads specifically) that inexperienced keepers can kill their pedes using the drowning method. Definitely speaking from ignorance on this topic, and I think other people just getting into this hobby may also be taken aback by the sexing process. Schmiggle's comment about arthropods reacting differently based on their metabolic rate is very interesting. Like you said, I assumed drowning would be traumatizing because of how it affects humans - but it's good to remember that other species experience the world differently and I can't necessarily attribute my perceptions to others.

Ben sibley

Arachnopeon
Sorry to bring this back but did you get any further with this. I came across this thread after reading the same paper you quoted would really like to hear how this is coming along!