1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very rare Heterometrus sp.

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Jarvis, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Advertisement
    I just got the H. Phipsoni breeding pair and the L. Mucronatus in today and will post pics of them tomorrow. The H. phipsoni look very similar to the H. Mysorensis but they are uniformly black with a light telsons, and they are much bigger, the male is qute impressive and is much larger than his partner.
    L. Mucronatus have to be some of the most impressive looking scrops I have seen in a while, hopefuly I have a breeding pair aomong the 5 and can get a brood from them. I'll try to post pics of all of them tomorrow.

2. AzJohn

AzJohn Arachnoking Old Timer

Sexing L. Mucronatus should be very easy. Males won't be able to close there claw, they have a gap in the midle. Females can close there claw flat. I'm assuming they are adults???

3. Awsome, can't wait to see pics. How defensive are they? (The H. phipsoni)

4. No they are much more docile than H. Mysorensis, sorry for the delay but her are some pics, I was able to catch them mating the first night, the last pic is of the L. Mucronatus

Attached Files:

5. SixShot666

SixShot666 Arachnodemon

Hey Jarvis....I have to say your H. Madraspatensis are quite a beautiful specimen!!! :clap::clap::clap:
    I would love to get a breeding pair into my collection one day.

6. Gabriel Ventura

Gabriel Ventura Arachnopeon

Sir I have 4i h. mysorensis too.. can I know what instar it'll be ready to breed? And if it is parthenogenetic also like h. longimanus? Thanks for answering

7. H. longimanus is not parthenogenetic. Also, you may want to start a new thread.

• Agree Agree x 1