Very Pretty Roach Species!

watertiger21

Arachnopeon
I came across some really cool-looking and pretty roaches while surfing the net the other day! :drool:

Plectoptera picta:
plectoptera picta.jpg

Genus Xestoblatta:
genus Xestoblatta.jpg

Genus Elipsidion:
genus Elipsidion.jpg

A Gyna species:
gyna species2.jpg

Hemithyrosocera histrio:
Hemithyrsocera histrio.jpg

Defalt

Arachnosquire
Fascinating , i honestly really hate roaches but the coloration on these is striking

Vinegaroonie

Arachnoknight
Fantastic roaches! I want the xestoblatta and elipsidion O.O. Also that Gyna sp looks like it has a postage stamp on its head!

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some of these roaches look awesome! Thanks for sharing!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's Gyna centurio and it's available in the US now for those of you that love keeping roaches :) I'm planning on getting some in the near future. Gorgeous species and all those other roaches are awesome too!

akarikuragi

Arachnosquire
Ahhhhhh, nooooooo! More roaches! x_x They're all so pretty I want some of each of them but my dad will kill me. XD

watertiger21

Arachnopeon
That's Gyna centurio and it's available in the US now for those of you that love keeping roaches :) I'm planning on getting some in the near future. Gorgeous species and all those other roaches are awesome too!
Yup! Roachcrossing is now offering them, which is super exciting! There may be others too.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Pale bordered field cockroaches are the most beautiful of all, IMO. Though plecoptera are pretty hot.

numbat1000

Arachnosquire
Polyzosteria mitchelli are my overall favorite roach, they are just stunning! I really wish I could get my hands on one of them, does anyone know if they are available here in the US?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yup! Roachcrossing is now offering them, which is super exciting! There may be others too.
Yup, Kyle has them now :) Supposed to be a bit more difficult to keep than Gyna lurida and G. caffrorum, but not as hard as G. capucina

Pale bordered field cockroaches are the most beautiful of all, IMO. Though plecoptera are pretty hot.
Hard to say no to a pale bordered field roach, especially since they are native to the US! Hoping to take a trip this spring or summer and maybe get lucky and catch a few.

Tenodera

Arachnobaron
^Yes you do. :D

Just had to say thanks for finding and posting these. Outstanding roaches, all of them. I see a pig face on the Gyna pronotum, lol. That'd be a fun inkblot test to give to some friends...

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
In reference to the earlier comments by one poster, I also noticed some recent comments on a colorful forest roach posted on popular media and remember roachforum (not in recent years fortunately) some people used to make a user account just to say they hated roaches and other choice comments. I don't understand how there are so many people who think it is perfectly acceptable to say really nasty and ignorant things about a tropical forest cockroach. Imagine the same thing happening when someone posts a photo of a wild big cat or their pet house cat. Cat's have caused more allergies and disease to humans than the humble roach ever has (not to mention the number of species the house cat has brought to extinction).

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Me and this (I don't like using this word but it is true) stupid girl argued for weeks on end. She is obsessed with cats. She thinks they are the best thing ever and never do anything wrong. Well, when presented with facts about how crappy they are, the logical thing to believe was "No they aren't! Cats are great, they wouldn't do that". This girl honest to god, worships these things.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Me and this (I don't like using this word but it is true) stupid girl argued for weeks on end. She is obsessed with cats. She thinks they are the best thing ever and never do anything wrong. Well, when presented with facts about how crappy they are, the logical thing to believe was "No they aren't! Cats are great, they wouldn't do that". This girl honest to god, worships these things.
It's not that I dislike cats, it's that a large number of people think it is perfectly acceptable to say nasty, ignorant comments about cockroaches but wouldn't dare to be so rude about something else they might not like.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I love cats....indoor cats. I have no problem with them though. They are adorable, fluffy, adorable, soft, adorable animals. Sadly, people believe that because of this, they can't do any harm.