Very Large Centipede video

SDCustom78

Arachnopeon
While surfing YouTube today i came across this video. I don't keep these inverts or plan to, know very little about them other than they're venomous and can pack a painful bite as well as recommended not to be handled. I have never seen one this large in my life. Supposedly a Scolopendra gigantea and 16+ inches long.

Last edited:

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Yeah, that's an amazing pede for sure. And seeing as gigantea are quite chill (and of course, factoring in the whole "taming" affair), it doesn't come as a surprise how calm this centipede is.
Just don't read the comments unless you have a few brain cells to spare.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I’ve known about this specimen for a while now. It’s pretty much the outlier of Giant Pedes. I think that the girth is as impressive as the length.

Just don't read the comments unless you have a few brain cells to spare.
Yes. Any video like this seems to be full of the same repetitive absent minded comments. Coyote Peterson seems to be mentioned a few times also.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Yeah, the comments can basically be summed up as follows:

10% flamethrower gifs
70% incredibly unoriginal "nope" and "kill it with fire" comments
10% "that's not a pet because I don't like it and no one's allowed to have a different opinion to me"
10% Coyote Peterson...

Last edited:

Scoly

Arachnobaron
I'm friends with that guy on Facebook, he's actually extremely knowledgeable on centipedes subjects, ranging from taxonomy to nutrition. The food in the video is cat food I believe, although he also created his own formula with what he reckons is the right balance of many nutrients. Not sure if he's on Arachnoboards...

BB8

Arachnosquire
this one might be the same size,
but probably not (old video) what ya think?

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Yeah, the comments can basically be summed up as follows:

10% flamethrower gifs
70% incredibly unoriginal "nope" and "kill it with fire" comments
10% "that's not a pet because I don't like it and no one's allowed to have a different opinion to me"
10% Coyote Peterson...
I love how Chinese get judged for setting dogs aflame while the world gets away with everything :mask::troll: