Very Disturbing!!!!

BigDaddyJ

Arachnopeon
Ok so Im on youtube and I stumble upon this video. Im not sure what country this was from if I had to guess Im going to say china. I was quite out raged at what I saw. I do not see how they can consider this to be entertainment and Id deff like to meet the person responsible for this and well..........Ill just stop while Im ahead. You get the picture.

I dont know how to post the video directly to this thread but Ill give you the link and you all can view it that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xps-sliGtsE

KoffinKat138

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah they make a bunch of those vids.,,
its sick to see they find that amusing:embarrassed:

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's from Japanesebugfights.com, and the spiders appear to be Chilobrachys huahini/andersoni/some-other-brown-asian-species and Haplopelma lividum. I find it quite intriguing that the cobalt showed almost zero aggression.

luckie_couture

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
and yet another one.....

that is horrible. I would have GLADLY adopted both of those!

BigDaddyJ

Arachnopeon
why even post these, we all know their out there! :embarrassed:
I apologise. Ive only been in the hobby almost a year. I had no idea this went on and wasnt sure if anyone else knew about it. Maybe someday I will be up to par with everyone else.....:wall:

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I apologise. Ive only been in the hobby almost a year. I had no idea this went on and wasnt sure if anyone else knew about it. Maybe someday I will be up to par with everyone else.....:wall:
No need to apologize- you did not do anything wrong. This is not a perfect world where everyone is perfectly informed. Might be a good idea to post a warning so sensitive people do not get offended. Everyone was a newbie once and there are more new folks entering the hobby everyday that might not be aware of stuff like this.

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ya some people just think they are AB Gods or something. if you dont like it dont look!

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Food for Thought

Wow....I guess some pets are just entertainment to some cultures. Much the same way St. Bernards are raised like cattle in some SE Asian countries for meat. Alas....who are we to decide what's right and wrong for other cultures? And furthermore, what is the measure by which we proudly call our Western ways as "civilization" over other cultures, when our modern industrial nations are the ones ravaging the planet? I think Agent Smith said it best when he likened humans to a virus.....

".....Mammals tend to develop a natural equilibrium with their environment. Humans, on the other hand, multiply until every natural resource is consumed, then spread and multiply some more...."

Who's not to say that perhaps Third-World civilization is more civilized than we, ourselves, actually are?

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea, it's sick the things that some entertain themselves with. BTW, like T_dorkus stated, you didn't do anything wrong so don't feel bad BigDaddyJ. You up to par as a lot of those who posted on this thread. ;)

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wow....I guess some pets are just entertainment to some cultures. Much the same way St. Bernards are raised like cattle in some SE Asian countries for meat. Alas....who are we to decide what's right and wrong for other cultures? And furthermore, what is the measure by which we proudly call our Western ways as "civilization" over other cultures, when our modern industrial nations are the ones ravaging the planet? I think Agent Smith said it best when he likened humans to a virus.....

".....Mammals tend to develop a natural equilibrium with their environment. Humans, on the other hand, multiply until every natural resource is consumed, then spread and multiply some more...."

Who's not to say that perhaps Third-World civilization is more civilized than we, ourselves, actually are?
If you think 3rd world civilization isn't ravaging the planet even worse than we are, you are very misinformed.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you think 3rd world civilization isn't ravaging the planet even worse than we are, you are very misinformed.
I think the 1st-World USA is either the second or third largest emitter of greenhouse gases...

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I think the 1st-World USA is either the second or third largest emitter of greenhouse gases...
The emission of greenhouse gases is one form of planet destruction, but so is massive deforestation, overfishing, overhunting, and having many more kids than you can feed or even send to school, all of which are very common in most 3rd world countries. We are destroying the planet together so don't be so quick to blame yourself.

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
And why are you so quick to blame others?
I'm merely pointing out that the problem can't be solved by one country, nor is only one country to blame. Some people are quick to blame the USA for the world's ills, which in my opinion is rediculous.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Those kind of activities has been around for ages. Dogfights, Roosterfights, Bullfights and now spider and insect fights. It is a shame that some people will do this kind of activities for their own amusements!:evil: /Johan

BigDaddyJ

Arachnopeon
Anyone know if here in the US the animal cruelty laws pertain to T's? Just curious? :?

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Animal cruelty is defined primarily by harming vertebrate animals so invertebrates are exempt from this law.

deathcrew

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What is everyone's thought on beetle fights? They don't realy hurt each other do they ?