1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Disturbing!!!!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by BigDaddyJ, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Advertisement
    Ok so Im on youtube and I stumble upon this video. Im not sure what country this was from if I had to guess Im going to say china. I was quite out raged at what I saw. I do not see how they can consider this to be entertainment and Id deff like to meet the person responsible for this and well..........Ill just stop while Im ahead. You get the picture.

I dont know how to post the video directly to this thread but Ill give you the link and you all can view it that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xps-sliGtsE

2. KoffinKat138

KoffinKat138 Arachnoknight

yeah they make a bunch of those vids.,,
    its sick to see they find that amusing:shame:

3. why even post these, we all know their out there! :shame:

4. Draiman

Draiman Arachnoking

It's from Japanesebugfights.com, and the spiders appear to be Chilobrachys huahini/andersoni/some-other-brown-asian-species and Haplopelma lividum. I find it quite intriguing that the cobalt showed almost zero aggression.

5. luckie_couture

luckie_couture Arachnosquire

WV
    and yet another one.....

that is horrible. I would have GLADLY adopted both of those!

6. I apologise. Ive only been in the hobby almost a year. I had no idea this went on and wasnt sure if anyone else knew about it. Maybe someday I will be up to par with everyone else.....:wall:

7. Stuzza

Stuzza Arachnopeon

It's horribly cruel. What a waste of a nice Cobalt Blue! :mad:

8. T_DORKUS

T_DORKUS Arachnobaron Old Timer

No need to apologize- you did not do anything wrong. This is not a perfect world where everyone is perfectly informed. Might be a good idea to post a warning so sensitive people do not get offended. Everyone was a newbie once and there are more new folks entering the hobby everyday that might not be aware of stuff like this.

9. Ya some people just think they are AB Gods or something. if you dont like it dont look!

10. Food for Thought

Wow....I guess some pets are just entertainment to some cultures. Much the same way St. Bernards are raised like cattle in some SE Asian countries for meat. Alas....who are we to decide what's right and wrong for other cultures? And furthermore, what is the measure by which we proudly call our Western ways as "civilization" over other cultures, when our modern industrial nations are the ones ravaging the planet? I think Agent Smith said it best when he likened humans to a virus.....

".....Mammals tend to develop a natural equilibrium with their environment. Humans, on the other hand, multiply until every natural resource is consumed, then spread and multiply some more...."

Who's not to say that perhaps Third-World civilization is more civilized than we, ourselves, actually are?

11. Skullptor

Skullptor Arachnobaron

Yea, it's sick the things that some entertain themselves with. BTW, like T_dorkus stated, you didn't do anything wrong so don't feel bad BigDaddyJ. You up to par as a lot of those who posted on this thread. ;)

12. barabootom

barabootom Arachnolord

If you think 3rd world civilization isn't ravaging the planet even worse than we are, you are very misinformed.

13. Draiman

Draiman Arachnoking

I think the 1st-World USA is either the second or third largest emitter of greenhouse gases...

14. barabootom

barabootom Arachnolord

The emission of greenhouse gases is one form of planet destruction, but so is massive deforestation, overfishing, overhunting, and having many more kids than you can feed or even send to school, all of which are very common in most 3rd world countries. We are destroying the planet together so don't be so quick to blame yourself.

15. Draiman

Draiman Arachnoking

And why are you so quick to blame others?

16. barabootom

barabootom Arachnolord

I'm merely pointing out that the problem can't be solved by one country, nor is only one country to blame. Some people are quick to blame the USA for the world's ills, which in my opinion is rediculous.

17. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoknight Old Timer

Those kind of activities has been around for ages. Dogfights, Roosterfights, Bullfights and now spider and insect fights. It is a shame that some people will do this kind of activities for their own amusements!:evil: /Johan

18. Anyone know if here in the US the animal cruelty laws pertain to T's? Just curious? :?

19. Skullptor

Skullptor Arachnobaron

Animal cruelty is defined primarily by harming vertebrate animals so invertebrates are exempt from this law.

20. deathcrew

deathcrew Arachnoknight Old Timer

PA
    What is everyone's thought on beetle fights? They don't realy hurt each other do they ?