Very Concerned for my Grammostola rosea

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Really sorry to hear this! Just lost a pet this week myself. Valiant effort. You really care about your animals.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That makes sense. I cried my tears last night. All I can do now is mourn her and learn from my mistakes. I still have to decide what to do with the body. I'm not sure what other T owners do. I'll also start looking into a new T. One that I can do a better job of monitoring and caring for. So if anyone knows a good site for buying them, I'd be interested. She was given to me by a neighbor in my old home town so I don't know what sites are reliable for ordering them or not.

As for the 'his girlfriend was arachnophobic' thing, I was just explaining how she came into my care. I wasn't her first owner. Technically I was her third and last. He got her from a friend, owned her for six years, then his GF made him get rid of her so she could move in. Just giving some background context. Guess it might be me remembering her a little too...
We all make mistakes. You did the best you could with the knowledge you had, and in the end reached out for assistance. Your next T will be lucky to have such a compassionate human as well, especially now that you have the resources on the forum at your disposal.

The Classifieds section on here is a brilliant place to browse available spiders. There is also a Reviews section where you can read customer reviews for just about anyone who has sold a T.​

aarachnid

Arachnoknight
So sorry for your loss. Also seconding the classifieds, I got my first T from there. Feels good to support people in the hobby.

NewTguy

Arachnosquire
...I'll also start looking into a new T. One that I can do a better job of monitoring and caring for. So if anyone knows a good site for buying them, I'd be interested. ...
I got mine at an expo, its a good option because I think you can get a a better feel the spider's look/behaviour in person. Looks like this one may be near you.