Versicolor Sling in premolt?

Truetran

Arachnopeon
So my half inch lil baby versi hasn't eaten in about 2 weeks now and shes been getting more and more lethargic, and about five days ago she closed up the entrances to her web so I was like, "cool, her abdomen isnt that big but shes probably in premolt" But today shes out of her web wandering around again, but still refusing food. I'm doing my best not to worry about her but now that shes wandering around a bit again I figured I'd double check here.

Pics in order: Her a little after she last ate, Closing off her web not too long ago, and her tonight (the ugliest picture of three ugly pictures)

Her enclosure is quite large for her size and I planned on moving her if I noticed any signs of stress but she seems to enjoy it quite a bit, she started webbing immediately and hasnt been shy about wandering around at night (until a couple weeks ago)

Any advice would be appreciated! I'm sure I'm just being overly anxious but I'd rather be safe than sorry

tumblr_oyq2o15VH71txnbbwo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_oyq2pnhbEQ1txnbbwo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_oyq2o15VH71txnbbwo1_400.jpg

boina

Lady of the mites
What concerns me in your setup is that I can't see any ventilation holes in the sides. Avics/Caribena are very sensitiv to stuffy air. Is the substrate dry?

The sling isn't overly thin, but it's not that plump either. It may be premolt, but from the looks of it I wouldn't exclude something more sinister - I would definitely add air holes in the sides.

Mike Klessens

Arachnopeon
It looks like there are some vent hole in the first pic near the top however they are a bit hard to see.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
It may be premolt, or it may be slowly approaching death. I'd guess premolt. But it depends on how moist it is.

You need more holes. Air flow should be easily going through the entire container. Not just over the top.

I do three rows along the top of the cage. Lid can be left alone, I'd recommend it, but these delis are just old. IMG_20171014_233911745.jpg

Trenor

Arachnoprince
So my half inch lil baby versi hasn't eaten in about 2 weeks now and shes been getting more and more lethargic, and about five days ago she closed up the entrances to her web so I was like, "cool, her abdomen isnt that big but shes probably in premolt" But today shes out of her web wandering around again, but still refusing food. I'm doing my best not to worry about her but now that shes wandering around a bit again I figured I'd double check here.

Pics in order: Her a little after she last ate, Closing off her web not too long ago, and her tonight (the ugliest picture of three ugly pictures)

Her enclosure is quite large for her size and I planned on moving her if I noticed any signs of stress but she seems to enjoy it quite a bit, she started webbing immediately and hasnt been shy about wandering around at night (until a couple weeks ago)

Any advice would be appreciated! I'm sure I'm just being overly anxious but I'd rather be safe than sorry

View attachment 256483
View attachment 256484
View attachment 256485
More ventilation wouldn't hurt though how much you need depends on how moist you keep the enclosure. You can't have too much so I tend to err on the heavy side. I don't see anything wrong with the T photos (the second one looks like it was taken as the T was moving and that makes it look a bit weird). A tarantula (even a sling) not eating for two weeks isn't a big deal IME. Make sure it has water and see how it goes. I'd wait for a few days and try leaving in some prekilled food (so if it is getting ready to molt it's easier to take the uneaten food out) in overnight.

Truetran

Arachnopeon
What concerns me in your setup is that I can't see any ventilation holes in the sides. Avics/Caribena are very sensitiv to stuffy air. Is the substrate dry?

The sling isn't overly thin, but it's not that plump either. It may be premolt, but from the looks of it I wouldn't exclude something more sinister - I would definitely add air holes in the sides.
It may be premolt, or it may be slowly approaching death. I'd guess premolt. But it depends on how moist it is.

You need more holes. Air flow should be easily going through the entire container. Not just over the top.

I do three rows along the top of the cage. Lid can be left alone, I'd recommend it, but these delis are just old. View attachment 256500
Theres quite a few more holes in the sides than it looks like, she just set up shop on the side without any near the middle/top, I also made them quite small as I wasnt sure how large she was when I was making it and I wanted to air on the safe side. Probably 25ish~ total? A cluster on each side and a row along the bottom. But I'll add some more when I get the chance

More ventilation wouldn't hurt though how much you need depends on how moist you keep the enclosure. You can't have too much so I tend to err on the heavy side. I don't see anything wrong with the T photos (the second one looks like it was taken as the T was moving and that makes it look a bit weird). A tarantula (even a sling) not eating for two weeks isn't a big deal IME. Make sure it has water and see how it goes. I'd wait for a few days and try leaving in some prekilled food (so if it is getting ready to molt it's easier to take the uneaten food out) in overnight.
It's quite dry! I just have a small water dish I keep filled and I overfill it just a tad once a weekish. She has a curve in her tunnel and the webbing was pretty fresh so its hard to see but shes basically just rounding a corner in the second picture, thats definitely not her resting position. Right now I'm usually finding her sitting in one place for days at a time with her abdomen drooped (like shes relaxing? she pulls it back straight if I disturb the enclosure though) I've been leaving her prekilled crickets just in case she decides to eat but no luck recently

Trenor

Arachnoprince
The amount of holes seem fine then. I'd just give it plenty of fresh water and try offering prekilled food once a week till it molts or eats.

Good luck.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Don't they spin a "sleeping bag" in the days before molting? Mine most certainly does and given the size this is the only way for me to know mines about to molt.