Versicolor sling housing opinions

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
This might be a trivial question, but hopefully someone will humor me. ;) I’m trying to decide whether to rehouse my versicolor sling into this small Amac box or to just add some cross ventilation to the vial that it came in.

The reason I ask (if one would be a better choice) is that a Y. diversipes sling died after a few weeks housed in the Amac enclosure. Even though no one could find any obvious husbandry errors at the time, I’m still nervous to try out the enclosure again.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

24B590B8-4081-4CFE-9C0B-A60B04210B08.jpeg

FA6303BB-BDFD-4167-8A84-6687A955DAE0.jpeg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
This might be a trivial question, but hopefully someone will humor me. ;) I’m trying to decide whether to rehouse my versicolor sling into this small Amac box or to just add some cross ventilation to the vial that it came in.
I'd move it to the box, because it's prettier and looks more like a typical Avic setup. (The ventilation looks adequate, but a few holes in the top wouldn't hurt.)

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
I'd move it to the box, because it's prettier and looks more like a typical Avic setup. (The ventilation looks adequate, but a few holes in the top wouldn't hurt.)
Good idea about adding a little top ventilation. That would allow me to drip some water on the webbing if needed too. And prettiness is indeed important. ;) Thanks for the advice!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Move it. Holes in top useful for Avics esp if they molt up top and won't go down for H2O

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
Move it. Holes in top useful for Avics esp if they molt up top and won't go down for H2O
Thanks! I did add some holes to the top and move it into the Amac box. It has webbed up a corner and seems to be settling in ok.