Ventilation A. Metallica

boina

Lady of the mites
All my arboreals are in those glass tanks - and not only mine. Everyone I know (except @Thekla ;)) uses them. They work perfectly. People used to use enclosures without the front ventilation (there's always top vent) for a while but those didn't work too well, so by now most people have switched to the double ventilated ones.

@rasputin66 - since you are in Germany, too, the best of those terras are from HX-Terraristik (look them up). Best Workmanship and the front glass is at an angle, so you can fit the terras into a shelf and still take the front glass out without trouble (leave enough room above the terra for air flow, of course). Interestingly, despite the excellent workmanship, they are among the cheapest, too.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
@cold blood sorry to disagree my friend, but these enclosures are used all over Europe for Avics without trouble.
I think it can work as long as you're not wetting the substrate or misting, which you shouldn't be doing anyway. (I don't think my Exo Terras are much better, especially in side ventilation, and my Avics have done fine in them.)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I think it can work as long as you're not wetting the substrate or misting, which you shouldn't be doing anyway.
There's enough ventilation in those enclosures (and the Exo Terras, unless you mod the lids) for the sub to dry out pretty quickly, while I agree on the "no misting" part, I overflow the water dishes every now and again for all of my Avics.

If you get the ventilation right then moisture isn't an issue. I even keep Avic slings with slightly moist sub like I would any other NW sling and I've never had a problem.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I think it can work as long as you're not wetting the substrate or misting, which you shouldn't be doing anyway. (I don't think my Exo Terras are much better, especially in side ventilation, and my Avics have done fine in them.)
The ventilation is really great in these enclosures. If you would need to, it's very easy to reach certain humidity numbers in these while having great circulation of fresh air. This isn't necessary with spiders of course, but if you would need to, these enclosures are better than the exo terras with their meshed tops.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Looks fine to me, just don't oversaturate the enclosure with water or it'll get stuffy in there which is a big no no for Avics. Keep the sub dry with a full water dish, maybe wet a pile of sphagnum moss as well if you want.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Looks fine to me, just don't oversaturate the enclosure with water or it'll get stuffy in there which is a big no no for Avics. Keep the sub dry with a full water dish, maybe wet a pile of sphagnum moss as well if you want.
Imo moss is not necessary. It will only be a hiding place for feeders. A large waterdish is all that is needed, humidity-wise.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Imo moss is not necessary. It will only be a hiding place for feeders. A large waterdish is all that is needed, humidity-wise.
Purely personal touch but I like it. I spread it thin and press it down so no feeders can crawl into it and lightly water it.