Vaping near Ts....

chirp

Arachnopeon
So a friend of mine decided to quit smoking. He took up vaping in which a water vapor delivers nicotine. being only water vapor he does it inside. When he smoked cigarettes. hed step outside. Sometimes hes within a few feet of the Ts. I told him Im pretty sure nicotine is bad for ts.
Anyone got any input on this? Hes not blowing the vapor right on them or in their vicinity. any ideas.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
My fiancée has done this for a while in our bedroom, where I keep some of my spiders. As of yet, I have not noticed any I'll effecgs.

Jquack530

Arachnosquire
I've been vaping in my computer room/tarantula room for about 3 and 1/2 months with no problems. Unless someone blows the vapor right on the tarantulas I don't really see a problem.

fyic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sure it's not much worse then the crap smog/air we breath now

Jquack530

Arachnosquire
sure it's not much worse then the crap smog/air we breath now
The common ingredients are: Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin, Nicotine, Sucralose, Natural and/or Artificial Flavoring.

---------- Post added 02-22-2014 at 01:17 PM ----------

The vapor dissipates rather quickly.

Duss321

Arachnopeon
As someone from the Netherlands after misreading the title i was like : who the hell vaporises f...ing weed near their animals?

Now i feel like an idiot. :(

Anyway i wouldn't take any chance, its a small effort to go outside or in another room to smoke or vape.

Jquack530

Arachnosquire
As someone from the Netherlands after misreading the title i was like : who the hell vaporises f...ing weed near their animals?

Now i feel like an idiot. :(

Anyway i wouldn't take any chance, its a small effort to go outside or in another room to smoke or vape.
Mine are in a closet on the other side of the room from where I sit. If I was really concerned I would go in another room. I believe they are more at risk from flea repellent on my dog and cat, and pest control spraying the outside of my residence once a month.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I smoke in my room with my T's (window open) probably doesn't help, but not seen any effects and haven't for years.

Jquack530

Arachnosquire
I smoke in my room with my T's (window open) probably doesn't help, but not seen any effects and haven't for years.
I've read of a few others on the forum doing that in various threads. That I personally wouldn't do, but no judgement. Aren't you worried they'll get book lung cancer?! :sarcasm:

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I've read of a few others on the forum doing that in various threads. That I personally wouldn't do, but no judgement. Aren't you worried they'll get book lung cancer?! :sarcasm:
no not worried about it, never heard of book lung cancer from smoking around T's, plus none of my T's have died from me smoking, how do i know that for a fact? mainly cause ive not smoked for years and just started again 6months ago and seen no issues with my T's, it's a bad habit so in transition of giving up again lol.

fyic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oh I know whats all in it lol I was just making a point about the air we breath

The common ingredients are: Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin, Nicotine, Sucralose, Natural and/or Artificial Flavoring.

---------- Post added 02-22-2014 at 01:17 PM ----------

The vapor dissipates rather quickly.

Jquack530

Arachnosquire
oh I know whats all in it lol I was just making a point about the air we breath
I was just listing the ingredients for anyone who may come across this thread and wonder what is in it.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
no not worried about it, never heard of book lung cancer from smoking around T's, plus none of my T's have died from me smoking, how do i know that for a fact? mainly cause ive not smoked for years and just started again 6months ago and seen no issues with my T's, it's a bad habit so in transition of giving up again lol.
Jquack was just joking about "book lung cancer" lol. :laugh: