User Vanessa's Photo Thread

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Just content to have my hardy, new world, terrestrials. They are such cooperative little photography models.

Evelyn, my Grammostola porteri (bought her in 1999 as a rosea). Taken last year before she started looking old and decrepit.
DSC08393-2-2.jpg
DSC02851-2.jpg

My female Grammostola pulchripes
_DSC9187-2.jpg

_DSC9945-2.jpg
Female.jpg

My male Grammostola pulchripes
Male Chilling Out.jpg
_DSC9094-2.jpg
Male.jpg

Larger of my two unsexed Grammostola pulchras
_DSC9438-2.jpg
_DSC8937-2.jpg

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
The smaller of the two unsexed Grammostola pulchras.
_DSC8585-2-3.jpg
_DSC9342-2.jpg

My female Brachypelma albopilosum. I also have a wee 1/4" spiderling that I haven't gotten a photo of yet.

_DSC9723-2-2.jpg
_DSC9206-2.jpg

My female Brachypelma verdezi
_DSC0076-2.jpg
_DSC0095-2-2.jpg

One of two unsexed 1/2" Eupalestrus campestratus. The best I could do of these little ones because they have burrowed into nice little tunnels.
_DSC0117-2.jpg

My two unsexed 1/4" Euathlus sp Red.
_DSC0133-2.jpg
_DSC0158-2.jpg

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
My G. pulchipes, Brutus, followed his sister by two days and moulted today. He was 4" and it was easier to take photos of all his little moulted bits.
I think that the last photo might be showing his hook developing, but I'm not sure.
They are so miraculous - I can't get over it.

_DSC2365-2.jpg
_DSC2373-2.jpg
_DSC2392-2.jpg
_DSC2412-2.jpg
_DSC2419-2.jpg
_DSC2427-2.jpg
_DSC2432-2.jpg
_DSC2435-2.jpg

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Funny, my first Theraphosidae, a 1.0 G.rosea, was named "Brutus" as well, ah ah. Purchased in 1992.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
They are always so active and they eat everything they are given. They are really very bold and come out from their cork bark, or stay out in the open, all the time.
They're already a speedy little creature and have filled out nicely.
_DSC3112-2.jpg

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Only kidding, but I didn't know what to call this and it is close to the end of the school year.
Here are my current bunch of adorable beasties...

Avicularia avicularia - Juniper
Juniper.jpg

Avicularia versicolor - Cypress
Cypress.jpg

Avicularia versicolor - Willow
Willow.jpg

Brachypelma albopilosum Female - Audrey
Audrey.jpg

Brachypelma albopilosum Female - Vivien
Vivien.jpg

Brachypelma albopilosum - Sage
Sage.jpg

Brachypelma smithi - Marquee
Marquee.jpg

Brachypelma smithi - Orion
Orion.jpg

Brachypelma verdezi Female - Ginger
Ginger.jpg

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens Female - Daphne
Daphne.jpg

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens Female - Clover
Clover.jpg

Euathlus sp Red - Mystic
Mystic.jpg

Euathlus sp Red - Totem
Totem.jpg

Eupalaestrus campestratus - Grafitti
Grafitti.jpg

Eupalaestrus campestratus - Calypso
Calypso.jpg

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Grammostola pulchripes Female - Portia
Portia.jpg

Grammostola pulchripes Male - Brutus Brutus.jpg
Grammostola pulchra - Raven Raven.jpg
Grammostola pulchra - Onyx Onyx.jpg
Grammostola porteri Female - Ophelia
Ophelia.jpg
Lasiodora difficilis - Sprite
Sprite.jpg

Trenor

Arachnoprince
You should start an official photo thread. With all the great photos you have it'd be nice to have them in one place.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
You should start an official photo thread. With all the great photos you have it'd be nice to have them in one place.
I kinda set this up to be my official photo thread. Should I name it differently?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I kinda set this up to be my official photo thread. Should I name it differently?
Not at all. I just noticed you had several threads in the photo section and grabbed this one to comment on. It's a great name for a photo thread. :)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Thought I would post some updates...
Avicularia avicularia - Juniper
_DSC6748-2.jpg
_DSC6655-2-2.jpg

Avicularia sp. (might not be avicularia at all) - Aspen the Celebrity Spider.
_DSC7330-2.jpg

Avicularia versicolor spiderling - Cypress
_DSC7354-2.jpg

Avicularia versicolor spiderling - Willow
_DSC6096-2.jpg

A rare glimpse of my Cyriocosmus elegans - Emily
_DSC7254-2.jpg

My perpetually cranky Brachypelma smithi male - Orion
_DSC6861-2.jpg

And my Grammostola pulchripes female - Portia (good thing I can keep an eye on her from the other side)
_DSC7312-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
One of the kids we hosted for the foreign exchange program has been breeding scorpions and is trying to talk me into getting some. I'm trying to limit myself some. :D
How long have you had him?

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
A whole week! I bought him through an online ad. They are really difficult to find and I had already read up on them here and had everything set up for him. I posted a photo of the setup here first and everything was okay, so I went and picked him up. The guy had him set up completely wrong and it was horrible.
He is worlds different from the tarantulas. He is so dainty and well mannered. His behaviour has surprised me and he is so easy to care for. He really is lovely. He is a sub adult and will probably moult one more time before maturity. Their lifespans are the same as females, so it isn't a big deal if you get a male. Males are a bit smaller than females for his species.
That's cool that you hosted an exchange student. Where are they from? They must have loved your tarantulas.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
He is worlds different from the tarantulas. He is so dainty and well mannered. His behaviour has surprised me and he is so easy to care for. He really is lovely. He is a sub adult and will probably moult one more time before maturity. Their lifespans are the same as females, so it isn't a big deal if you get a male. Males are a bit smaller than females for his species.
I'm not listening anymore.. I don't need more pets right now. :p

That's cool that you hosted an exchange student. Where are they from? They must have loved your tarantulas.
Hamin is from South Korea and we hosted him a few years ago. He still keeps in touch calling us on Christmas and birthdays and stuff. Our foreign exchange students are one of the few reasons I'm still on Facebook. It makes it easy to see how they are doing.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I love those programs. It gives everyone a chance to see places that they might never see and learn about different cultures and ways of life. There should be more programs in place and more funding available for them. Young people should experience travelling and seeing different parts of the world. It benefits everyone and it is loads of fun as well.
I am very privileged to live in a place surrounded by different people, and every ethnicity in the world, and I am a better person for it. I have also been fortunate enough to have traveled a fair bit when I was younger. I wish more people had the opportunity.