value of arizona bark scorpions

Reaper645

Arachnopeon
I don't know much about the insect world as myself am not necessarily a huge enthusiast. With that being said, I live near a lot of arizona bark scorpions and was wondering it it would be worth it to catch them and put them on the classifieds here?

And if so does anyone know the best shipping methods for them as far as packing? I know they are cannibalistic and probably better packed alone, but any good places to get a safe container to assure their safe arrival?

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I used to buy them for maybe 5$ each...
This is how you should pack them:

Reaper645

Arachnopeon
Thanks a bunch. Good video. Was $5 a piece with shipping? I was only thinking of doing this because I run into them all the time and I thought there might be people out there who want them.

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not including shipping. If you think that customer should pay for the shipping it’s up to you...

Reaper645

Arachnopeon
I would think so, I mean to flat rate envelope one somewhere would be more than 5 bucks. I just don't know how much of a market there is for them. If i catch these little guys and have to keep em then go through the trouble of shipping em out. If I knew enough people wanted them I'd be interested in doing it. Obviously there's no big money in it but in my spare time if i got something for my time and someone got something they wanted out of it.

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
They are reasonably communal so you can keep them together until shipping time.

Reaper645

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the input fellas. As soon as my UV flashlight comes in I'll get a container and go catch a few and post em and see what happens. Although, I haven't seen any ads or sites that have them for less than 15 bucks? Anybody got a link to an ad or site that has them for less than 15?

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the input fellas. As soon as my UV flashlight comes in I'll get a container and go catch a few and post em and see what happens. Although, I haven't seen any ads or sites that have them for less than 15 bucks? Anybody got a link to an ad or site that has them for less than 15?
At shows $5-7, is the going rate, and babies I've seen as cheap as $2. I purchased 11 for $40 for my nephew at the last reptile expo I attended in January. I got a discount for buying in bulk.

At a shop near my work, they cost $10 a piece, but they have tons of expenses related to having a business.

I also purchased a few online from a guy in Arizona a year or two ago, and think it was like $25 shipped for 8, 5 adult and 3 babies. The adults were all shipped together in a mini tupper wear container and a piece of napkin. Babies were shipped exact same way but seperate from adults.

If you try to sell them for $15, I doubt you sell any, even at 10 you probably wouldn't sell any.

Maybe try 5-6 for $25 shipped, or 10-12 for $45. This way you are making at least $20 per sale.

Goodluck.

Reaper645

Arachnopeon
At shows $5-7, is the going rate, and babies I've seen as cheap as $2. I purchased 11 for $40 for my nephew at the last reptile expo I attended in January. I got a discount for buying in bulk.

At a shop near my work, they cost $10 a piece, but they have tons of expenses related to having a business.

I also purchased a few online from a guy in Arizona a year or two ago, and think it was like $25 shipped for 8, 5 adult and 3 babies. The adults were all shipped together in a mini tupper wear container and a piece of napkin. Babies were shipped exact same way but seperate from adults.

If you try to sell them for $15, I doubt you sell any, even at 10 you probably wouldn't sell any.

Maybe try 5-6 for $25 shipped, or 10-12 for $45. This way you are making at least $20 per sale.

Goodluck.
Excellent advice! thank you.