Vaejovis spinigerus care help

Sillver

Arachnosquire
Hello. I received today a Vaejovis spinigerus scorpion. It's about 1.5" from the tip of it's face (?) To the tip of it' stinger.
I'm keeping it in a sterilite container that's about 3 gallons. Substrate is a mix of Eco Earth/ plantation soil mixed with a little bit of sand. I also have a peace of cork bark about the size of my hand for it to use and a piece of flat slate(purple I belive) but its ignoring it it. My main concern is what to feed it. I have/keep mealworms in my fridge, some wax worms, super worms ( would be way to big) and some medium crickets for my geckos.

I heard that black soldier fly larvae(Phoenix Worms/calciworms) would be good but there is no store
Sthat sell them within a hundred-mile radius of me and to buy them online is to expensive for what I get just because of shiping.

Now my main thing is will it eat a pre killed cricket like some tarantula slings do, Also what humidity and temp level should I aim for?

My room is usually pretty good for temperature and humidity Because if my aquarium and reptiles.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Dry, very low-to-no humidity, I mist mine lightly about once a month. Small crickets and mealworms work for me, pretty much anything they can grab easily with their chelae (claws). I am not sure if they will go for pre-killed prey. Temperatures in between 72-80F work well. They will dig scrapes under flat pieces of rock.
Good luck!

Arthroverts

P.S
They changed the scientific name to Paravaejovis spinigerus from Vaejovis spinigerus, for future reference.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It should eat pre-killed prey. If nothing else you can start by offering the hind leg of the cricket since those pop off pretty easily. Otherwise a dead/crippled cricket will probably be taken, especially if it's still twitching just a little bit.

Sillver

Arachnosquire
Ok thanks to both. I have a heat pad but I need to get another thermostat for it. So will it be ok at room temp for couple of days