Vacation

BelfastScorpion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi everyone,

I was just thinking about something. I don’t have any family or friends that are willing to look after my scorpion when I go on vacation. They all claim that they could not do the whole feeding thing, crickets and things.

So what do I do. Can I leave some crickets in her tank while I’m away. I am going for 3 weeks, will she be ok by herself for 3 weeks? I always hear about scorpions being able to survive without food and water for months. But I would give her food and water before I go. Any advise?

Thanks

David Craig
BelfastScorpion.

Eurypterid

Arachnerd
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry about food, as long as you feed her before you leave. Water might be more of a problem, depending on the species. With larger desert species, it should be fine, but non-desert species, especially small guys, need water. If it's one of those, make sure you leave a good supply - or get one of your whimp friends to at least give her water. ;)

prang11

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe tell us what kind of scorp you are talking about and we can give you the best info.

BelfastScorpion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry I should have said what scorp I had. It is a Pandinus imperator.

David Craig
BelfastScorpion.

prang11

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He should be fine. Just feed him before you leave and make sure you give him plenty of water. Try to have some one wet down the substrate atleast once when you are gone.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
prang11 said:
He should be fine. Just feed him before you leave and make sure you give him plenty of water. Try to have some one wet down the substrate atleast once when you are gone.
Yep, and try to have someone add to the water-dish as well, if they are willing to do so.

MattM

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maybe a extra bowl of watergell, just in case :rolleyes:

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
MattM said:
Maybe a extra bowl of watergell, just in case :rolleyes:
If you mean those crystals, they are incompatible with a scorpion's abilities to ingest liquids. They would contribute to the humidity, however.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
another thing you could consider is overfilling the waterdish to make the substrate underneath the bowl pretty wet. this would up the humidity in the cage for a while, which would make the water in the dish last longer

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
how about 2 bowls of water? Though I am sure they would evaporate within 10 days.

BelfastScorpion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks everyone for your help. You have all given me great advise and hopefully my scorp will be fine.

Thanks again.

BelfastScorpion
David Craig