1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V. Confusus Set up questions

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by BenLeeKing, Jan 11, 2018.

1. BenLeeKing

BenLeeKing Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hi, I’m new to keeping Scorpions and just received 2 V. confusus yesterday.
    I housed them in two enclosures one in a rectangle plastic box that looks more “fancy” cause it’s the permanent enclosure for that scorpion, while the other one in just a round tub with a large cork bark just for temporary enclosure. I am just wondering if the rectangular box enclosure set up fine? I used potting soil and play sand for the substrate. Cause I always see my scorpion oh in the open, trying to scale the corners, I’m wonder if it’s actually trying to find a place to hide or is it just a timing behaviour. Cause I have dug 2 starting burrows for it, but either it has trouble finding it, or this speci s just doesn’t really like to hide. Also the one in the temporary enclosure is way more active, when I move it to the light it breaks out, while the on in the rectangular tub is a bit more sluggish, is there a reason for why?
    I included my pictures below~

Attached Files:

2. Mini8leggedfreak

Mini8leggedfreak Arachnopeon Active Member

To me it looks like a fairly good setup maybe it’s too damp for the scorpion. I have a little moss on one side of the tank and I mist it maybe once a week. Maybe it doesn’t like potting soil??

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

It looks way too moist for the one in the rectangle. Let things dry out a bit and see how it behaves then. For new additions there's always a settling in period too, where they'll explore their enclosure, so it's probably still trying to figure out its new home.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. BenLeeKing

BenLeeKing Arachnopeon

Thanks guys~ I'll keep an eye on them an see if they seem to settle down, an maybe try bother them less.

5. Smokehound714

Smokehound714 Arachnoking Active Member

Socal
    they like sand the most. give a moisture gradient for these, they need a dry spot to rest, but like a bit of relative humidity

• Like Like x 1