USPS Shipping Question--Perishable Items

DavidE721

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

When it comes to shipping T's (or other arachnids), how do some of you address the postal service's question: Is the item being shipped perishable?

I've received T's and scorps in some cases where the seller has put a 'Perishable' label on the USPS box.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Dave

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If they ask (and they frequently do), I just answer "yes, and fragile. I'd like it to be handled with care." That help?

agent lead

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you just have to say "yes it is"

they cannot ask you what is inside of it

DavidE721

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
USPS Shipping--Perishable

Hello,

Thank you all for your responses--it's much appreciated.

BTW, I was unaware that the postal clerks couldn't ask what's inside; thanks for relating that important point.

Dave :)

vvx

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd prefer they not know what I'm shipping. "computer parts" fits a lot of different stuff...

Tcollector

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Simple! Just say your shipping vials or containers. Which is the truth lol.

the_mask86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
most people in my country list them as 'glass' or 'porcelain lamp'.
but once i received my parcel with an extremely cute label. it got me laughing a while before unpacking. it read 'toy soldier'.
i've never even seen one off the shelf at the mall!

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Mine are labeled as fragile and perishable. Ensures it is handled with care and arrives on time. They shouldn't need to know anymore than that.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I intentionally cover up the "perishable" label on the boxes I use. Labeling a box "perishable", or even "fragile" for that matter, does not equate to any special treatment... and only draws attention to the box IMO.

I print my labels online, and drop the boxes off at the PO without ever talking to anyone. It's easy :)

Eric

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I intentionally cover up the "perishable" label on the boxes I use. Labeling a box "perishable", or even "fragile" for that matter, does not equate to any special treatment... and only draws attention to the box IMO.

I print my labels online, and drop the boxes off at the PO without ever talking to anyone. It's easy :)

Eric
Thats a good point. I'll have to remember that.

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't ship Ts, but when I ship packages, I just pay for shipping online, print out my labels, and drop them off at the post office. it makes things so much simpler, no standing in line, no talking to people. I'm convinced its cheaper, too, but have no evidence for that...

Sukai94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
haha I think that best suits what it is {D Id slip up if they asked me. Whats in the box? OBSESSIONS!! FRAGILE OBSESSIONS!:drool:
They have never asked me specifically what a "collectible" is. It is funny to me because I can't think of anything off the top of my head that is more addictivly collectible then a T.

What is great is that you aren't lying. I like the idea of adding "perishable" to the box but I also agree that it may attract more attention.