1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Usambura Appreciation thread...post your pics!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by LaRiz, May 11, 2003.

1. LaRiz

LaRiz Arachnodemon Old Timer

PA
    Advertisement
    Since the last appreciation thread was a new world species (Acanthoscurria geniculata), I fiqured it's an old worlders turn.
    Enter Pterinochilus sp. "Usambura"
    Let's see some pics.
    john

Attached Files:

• usam.jpg
      usam.jpg
      File size:
      48.7 KB
      Views:
  2. skinheaddave

skinheaddave SkorpionSkin Arachnosupporter

A couple of mine can be seen here.

Cheers,
    Dave

3. LPacker79

LPacker79 ArachnoSpaz Old Timer

Here's mine before it's most recent molt. I have yet to get a decent pic of it as it's hiding. It's whole enclosure is full of webbing, I can't even find it's hide anymore. I think it may be buried, the T used to do quite a bit of digging. I can see the T through all the webbing, but it wouldn't make for a good picture.
    Here it is at an inch in size. Probably about 1.5 now.
    [​IMG]

And here's why I have no recent pics. Again, there IS a hide in there....somewhere! This pic was taken during feeding, which explains the cricket rooting around.

[​IMG]

4. jwb121377

jwb121377 Arachnoangel Old Timer

Here is a few pictures of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SurfinJB

SurfinJB Arachnosquire Old Timer

FL
    Good god your holding it!?

6. jwb121377

jwb121377 Arachnoangel Old Timer

Yep that would be me in the picture holding it. Mine is very calm and has never shown any aggression toward me.:)

7. SurfinJB

SurfinJB Arachnosquire Old Timer

FL
    Well can't say I've heard that too often. Want to come hold my 4? :D

8. Henry Kane

Henry Kane Arachnoprince Old Timer

Well, this guy has since matured and was sent out to breed but I've always liked this pic so...
    I never heard back from the guy who mated him though. In turn, and thanks to that experience, I know better than to send males out to just "whoever responds to a mature male ad first". I would've loved to have shared the offspring but maybe sometime in the future.

Anyhow, here he is telling us how much he likes his new home.

Atrax

Attached Files:

9. skadiwolf

skadiwolf Arachnolord Old Timer

(laugh) you've got the love the gratitude of children eh?

10. tarantulakeeper

tarantulakeeper Arachnoknight Old Timer

11. tarantulakeeper

tarantulakeeper Arachnoknight Old Timer

12. Static_69

Static_69 Arachnobaron Old Timer

i've got 2 of them...one at 1/2 inch and the other a female at 3 inches...and i recently gave the other one i had (a 3 inch male from the same eggsac as the female) to my cousin...but i've got no digital camera.

Risto

13. pategirl

pategirl Arachnoangel Old Timer

This is my fav of my usambara...I taught her to shake, hehe. :) I did end up holding it, I posted pics of that a while back. They're also on my newly updated website.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2003
  14. Arachnopuppy

Arachnopuppy Arachnodemon

You should tell the rest of us who this person is so we don't have to go through the same situation that you are in.

15. LaRiz

LaRiz Arachnodemon Old Timer

PA
    No doubt.
    Atrax, could you PM that piece of crap's name to me?
    Maybe nothing happened yet (with the breeding). Myself, I try to keep everybody who sent me loans, updated on the progress, or lack of progress. Then again, some people aren't trustworthy though.
    Scott, a breeding loan review would be a nice addition to this fine website. Example:
    I loaned a male Cyriopagopus thorelli to Todd Gearheart. Todd sent me half of the babies produced from that coupling. I highly recommend Todd Gearheart if you have a male you're willing to loan out. Todd supplied individual vials, and shipped the package at his expense (IMO the vial expense should be shared among both parties). Or can this be posted in the Invertsonals?
    Um, I'm off topic for this thread now, sorry.

16. Lopez

Lopez Arachnoking Old Timer

17. ArachnoJoost

ArachnoJoost Arachnobaron Old Timer

This is my little orange bitey thingey... It has molted about 3 weeks ago, but I don't have pics of the newly molted T unfortunately.

18. ArachnoJoost

ArachnoJoost Arachnobaron Old Timer

... and ofcourse the pic that most of you have seen before, but I'll post it again, the composition is just about perfect...;)

19. phoenixxavierre

phoenixxavierre Arachnoprince Old Timer

Atrax,

I've had the same thing happen to me, sending out males and no responses, not even so much as a "your male got ate by my female, no eggsac resulted".

Nice pic!

Cheers,

Paul

20. phoenixxavierre

phoenixxavierre Arachnoprince Old Timer

Hi Lopez,

Great pics of a beautiful spider!

How do you manage to upload files that are over 640 pixels?

Cheers,

Paul