Urticating Hair Questions

WS6Lethal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Grass irritates me like mad though... I roll around on some grass... I'll be scratching for hours. Curse you mother earth!
Now that your T's know your weakness, they're going to start throwing grass at you when their pissed. :p

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
This thread hasn't been touched in a while but I have a question and I've searched for a while but I couldn't find the answer. I might have even seen a thread about this but I just can't find it. Anyways...

Which NW species do NOT have urticating hairs?

luckie_couture

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This thread hasn't been touched in a while but I have a question and I've searched for a while but I couldn't find the answer. I might have even seen a thread about this but I just can't find it. Anyways...

Which NW species do NOT have urticating hairs?
Hmm..I'm pretty sure Psalmos don't have any(If you're into arboreals), but are a bit on the aggressive side.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tapinauchenius and Psalmopoeus lack them, as well as members of Ischnocolinae such as Holothele sp

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The hairs don't just magically waft up out of the cage. They can float out most definitely when they are kicked off or when the cage is disturbed for maintenance, but they do not just come out of the containers without "help." While they do float pretty well and make a sort of "cloud," gravity does work on them (lol) and they do settle.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Different urticating hairs affect people differently. You might have a reaction while someone might not and vice-versa.
I agree... and it all depends on how sensitive ur skin is.... i handle most of my T's... yes they have kicked their hairs at me and i handled them while their kickin as well... but i dont get itch or the rashes most ppl get...

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Huh. Maybe I'm just super-human, but the hairs don't do anything to me. the rosies I used to have would kick while I held them, the hairs would land on me, and nothing.

My smithi kick hairs like mad while I'm in their tanks, and it doesn't have any effect on me.

I've had NW Ts for quite some time, 2+ years, and have been exposed to the hairs quite religiously. I have no reaction. :?

Someone explain.

Grass irritates me like mad though... I roll around on some grass... I'll be scratching for hours. Curse you mother earth!

im not affected by any type of U-hair yet.... but when i come into contact with hot water.... the itch... it is on! after i get haired anyways

next time you are haired rinse your hands in hot water and see what happens.

Kamikaze

@baboonmanila
Old Timer
My Acanthoscurria geniculata kicks her hairs like crazy.
she kicks more hair than any of my Ts