Uropygi Information

Jeremy Huff

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Felipe,

The only described genera that it could be is Mastigoproctus and Thelyphonellus. A closeup photo of the carapace would tell me which genus. If you can get some photos of the pedipalps and a ventral shot, I should be able to sex them.

Jeremy

Ganoderma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thought i would make another comparison for sex, cause this specie looks a little different from Jeremy's excellent photo.

Excuse the blurriness, new camera, late at night, and they are alive and move lol.

Typopeltis crucifer
Male on left, Female on right.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics, friend!
Would be more nice if You made them a bit larger (closer to the view of genital sternit)

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's great to see some good readings on the lesser known arachnid orders :). I feel like i'm going to spend a lot of time on this, not to mention that it might even make me want to get some uropygids too, mouahahaha.

phil.

Ganoderma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
M.F.Bagaturov, when i get a free weekend i will take some better pics. i can setup the camera and some lights and try to get some real detailed pics. but i only have T. crucifer right now (anyone wanna trade species? :} )...maybe others could post some close ups of species they are keeping.

on a side note, i was changing one of their cages and i couldn't find her. so i stuck my face right to the opening and gave it a little shake and got sprayed in the eyes and nose. bloudy hell did that sting!!!! it washes out easily, but it really hurt...even the skin on my nose. yikes.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi!

I will finaly obtain a pair to my female Minbosius manilanus, thus within days i will make the comparison pics myself for that species.
I will eager to swap (I have a juvenil femal of M. manilanus) and adult male Pseudo-"Hypoctonus ranguinensis" for swap, but I'm not sure we can realise it from Russia to Taiwan and back, but if you see the way out feel free to conatct me privately!

Jeremy Huff

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would say female, but show me a photo of the entire palp to confirm.

Jeremy

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wait, so based off of what did you say the ventral photo was female? I thought it was female at first to the pair of dents on it which are not shown in the plates but the overall shape(blunt end versus pointed end) suggests male. Pedipalps are very male.

Jeremy Huff

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
On some male M. giganteus, the second sternite dips down and almost overlaps the third. Yours does not. Males also have shorter, rounded spides on the trochanter of the pedipalp. Males also have a longer, narrower apophosis on the pedipalp. I could clearly see these two modifications from the habitus shot you posted.

J

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So are you suggesting palpal sexing to be more accurate than ventral sexing?

Jeremy Huff

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No. I just think it is easier for some species. When I am sexing a specimen, I want to see the entire specimen and a few characters to confirm.
J

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Minbosius manilanus sexing

Hello All!
Here're pics of the both sexes of the filipino species Minbosius manilanus from Negros.
1. Pic of the pedipalps showing no difference in sexes (I will replace this after get a new shot of female's palps).
2. Pic of the genital sternit showing the different shape in male and female.
3. Pic of the adult supposed male.
4. Pic of the adult supposed female.

Attachments

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice photos Mihali!
seems like your female has mite.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jasos, Nikos!
Efharisto poli!

No, it is not a mite, just a part of the substratum :)

How are Your and Your whip-scorps?
Did You finally have success with breeding the Chineese one?

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We're all just fine, thanks!

I mated them but still no eggsack, i think they produce eggsack some time during Autumn so its still early for that.
If the female produces one, I'll post photos here.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats Nikos!
Fingrescrossed for further breeding!
I was trying to mate my Minbosius, but for no avail... will try later.

Jeremy, what is Your suggestions looking the M.manilanus pics about the proposed sex???