Uroplectes carinatus and U. flavoviridis caresheet, please help

MapleMatt

Arachnosquire
Hi, I will have flavoviridis in 2nd instar and carinatus in 5th, about 5 pieces of each. I wander about the care, its desert species right, so which substrate would be best, I know...probably sand, but what type of sand in particular and what kind of enclosures including measurements please would fit best. Even though they can be in a group, I will probably prefer to raise them separately, at least those in 2nd instar, not sure if in 5th instar they could be together with no losses for me, dont have any info about canibalism with this species. The best thing would be if you could post here your setups for these scorpions aswell as provide me with your experiences of keeping these species. I dont have idea if for the 5th instar is better terrarium or if some plastic boxes like breeding box or fauna box would been better. Please, if you have any informations about this species and experiences with keeping, share with me. I also think now in summer heating is not nessessary,thats what I think, because temperatures are around 30C plus, in colder months is heat pad from the side ok or heating cable for more terrariums? I know that a lot of people use heat pads, better variant is probably infra red bulb, but I guess, that can wait for a colder months to come right? Thank you for help, everyone who tries to provide me any kind of info and experience is highly appreciated. I dont have a book dedicated to keeping scorpions, just some Kovařík works and Scorpions of the world, where no such info is included

MapleMatt

Arachnosquire
Carinatus I will have 4 pieces in 5 instar and I don't know if these could be already raised in group, I don't want any losses, so flavoviridis in 2nd instar will be all raised separately. I just need to get all the equipment I need, because my parcel should arrive early next week and I don't have anything ready yet. Need to know what type of sand, if any decorstions, well, I have cork bark, but not sure, if it's better from a pet store as I have it or simply brought from a forest, but I guess from nature it could have bacterias or something that could harm the scorpion, next I need to know if the heating is to be needed, while in summer I guess the temperatures around 30 or so are fair enough. Next thing, I don't have idea about the enclosure, for those 4 in 5th instar it should be something bigger right? Not exactly sure if exo terra mini, small or medium fauna box or those breeding boxes would been good or if glass terrarium is better, ...maybe I'm completely mistaken and some smaller plastic cup is just ok. I will be greatfull for any additional info about succesfull breeding of these species. Thank you very much for help!
Maybe here as a help for you of what and how many of certain boxes I would need
https://www.robimaus.cz/teraria-prepravky-a-boxy-g35/ as I guess for 5th instar I can have something bigger...should...right?
Please, excuse my English, Im not native speaker

Last edited:

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Keep them all seperate until adult or sub adult. Nobody would know better than myself or (scorpionluva) whom in wich we both have produced many CB uroplectes Sp broods

Uroplectes are semi arid, semi arboreal. They dont like it bone dry. They're communal as adults. They mature very quickly and produce babies quickly. Adults are only an inch long. 2i specimens are the size of ants lol or pi heads so have very tiny tiny feeders ready