Urgent- eggs but no sac?

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I have never encountered this before, but one of my P.irminia that was gravid recently laid some eggs, but she doesn't appear to have laid down any silk prior yo doing so. Instead she just laid them on the ground inside of her hide, and has seemingly abandoned them. She is currently wandering around in the enclosure away from that area, and has made no attempt t construct a sac. I'm not sure why she has done this, my main concern though is whether or not it's possible to salvage any of the eggs without damaging them or is it not even worth trying? Again I am at a complete loss here guys because I have never seen nor heard of this type of thing happening, so I'm not really sure what I should do or if there's anything I even can do. Just thought I'd ask here tho just in case.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
A user named Philth encountered this with his T. apophysis without any explanation and he unfortunately he wasn't able to salvage the eggs. I would say there most likely not salvageable as-well. Pics would help?

Last edited:

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A user named Philth encountered this with his T. apophysis without any explanation and he unfortunately he wasn't able to salvage the eggs. I would say there most likely not salvageable as-well however pics would help.
Thanks for the help
eggs.jpg

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Thats a damn shame. :\ Im curious is this has anything to do with the theroy if she had eggs produced to soon. Its hard to explain but if a T has produced eggs before pairing then in theory they could lay a sac the day after mating with fertilized eggs.. I kind of wonder if it could be one of those "I couldnt make it to the bathroom" things that happened with the T. Does anyone have any info on that particular situation?

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
I saw a similar thread a while back
I would leave them in so she can eat them since eggs are very nutritious

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Thats a damn shame. :\ Im curious is this has anything to do with the theroy if she had eggs produced to soon. Its hard to explain but if a T has produced eggs before pairing then in theory they could lay a sac the day after mating with fertilized eggs.. I kind of wonder if it could be one of those "I couldnt make it to the bathroom" things that happened with the T. Does anyone have any info on that particular situation?
I don't have any direct experience with this or breeding in general. From what I have seen others who have say, the T can "Hold" both eggs and sperm till the conditions are right for them to lay the eggs. From that, baring an issue in the process, I would think there would not be a "I have to do this now and can't wait" scenario. Though I am interested in someone with more experience weighing in.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the help guys. I'm not really that upset, just rather confused. I've bred a few times before here and there, but I have never experienced anything like this. I guess it's just something that happens sometimes.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Pity. I've never seen that, but my irminia double clutched recently and laid the eggs in a very thin layer of silk. When she went to wrap them the fluid leaked out. Sometimes things go wrong I think.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Probably not salvageable, if she was definitely gravid and had a good insertion I don't see what the harm is in trying to salvage, but I would t be optimistic. If not you can leave them for a day or so to see if she will eat them. Free meal is always good, get her fat and try again.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I've had true spiders do this too, usually they have laid a sac or two previously. Perhaps she didn't have enough time to replenish her silk and had to lay the eggs as they have to get rid of them eventually. I would just let her snack on them and perhaps clean up the cage if too much yolk is left. Also please clean out your inbox Bob, I've been trying to answer one of your ads for a week but cannot message you.

Oreo

Arachnocookie
Interesting. Did you pair her before this happened? Maybe the conditions were just right and she felt like letting them go...like a hen laying eggs. Which makes me wonder what these eggs would taste like if you made a tiny omelette out of them.