Urgent Call For Help!!!!!

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My name is James Tuttle (www.blaberus.com) and I have been a member of this site for some time now. A little while back I started importing rare spiders and trying to advance the hobby here in the US. Due to my business www.blaberus.com and to my very busy work schedule I found a local spider keeper Dave Love who had been caring for my collection. Dave was banned from this sites and there where many warning signs I should have seen that is was a lier and thief. Just recently he decided to keep my entire collection and sell it all. In a panic I asked some of my friends to help me go collect my stuff. We went there got everything but then the police where called and Dave claimed a home invasion robbery even though that is not what happened I still have to prove it in court. Even with all my receipts and everything the D.A. let Dave keep the spiders till the matter goes to court. Well against police orders he is still selling everything.Sadly I have even heard rumors that some top dealers have bought some stuff even though they know its stolen. There is a criminal and civil law suit and I'm working with a lawyer but time is against me. Please spread the word about this crook and help me and least try to slow this guy down. Thanks to everyone who has been emailing me and for the support.
Thank you,
James Tuttle
james.blaberus@gmail.com
707-206-1753

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Help

If anyone has any legal advise I would appreciate it. I'm filing a civil law suit but not sure what else can be done. Man one thing I've learned is justice favors the criminal way to easy. Even with all my proof I still have to fight to regain my own property.
Thx,
James

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the problem is

IF you chose to go into someone elses domain to retreive property, even if yours, without letting them know first or having them present. That is going to look bad on you no matter what your intentions. Secondly. Posession is 9/10ths the law.
and it still is.
Seeing as how he had possession and care of these arachnids they look to be as if they are his.
you need witnesses. Someone who's bought from him knowingly and is willing to turn. I'd contact alot of the dealers your speaking of and see if they were told anything. Or even if the prices were toooo cheap. But with them being in his house and under his care it's going to be an uphill battle

the bad news for people like me is. now i will probably never get to buy from you because you'll probably abondon the sales side of this afterwards.

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You're probably aware of this, but I thought I would let you know how Dave is still posting on ATS boards and he tried to sell your T(s) on 6/19. I recognized your stock, and I was wondering why you weren't selling them. His latest posting was on 7/01 where he is looking for mature males for breeding and talking about communal regalis. You might want to talk to Wade, if you haven't already.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck and I hope you can get this sorted. Hopefully, no reputable breeder/dealer will be buying the stock from Dave since it's stolen, especially after you posting this information.

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
info

I do have all the receipts and info and I'm hoping my lawyer can get something done early next week. It just amazes me that in this country theives can get away with this stuff so easy. At this point I've lost everything and unless a miracle happens I will most likely be out of the hobby and not be able to import any more of the rare spiders I had plans to.
James

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I do have all the receipts and info and I'm hoping my lawyer can get something done early next week. It just amazes me that in this country theives can get away with this stuff so easy. At this point I've lost everything and unless a miracle happens I will most likely be out of the hobby and not be able to import any more of the rare spiders I had plans to.
James
I was afraid of this. :( You've been really good for this hobby with bringing in new bloodlines and getting hard to find tarantula species. I really hate to see this happen because it not only hurts you, but all of us. I don't know much about the law...but I do agree with you that it seems to favor the criminals.

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very sad

I guess what saddens me even more are people are questioning me and weather or not I'm telling the truth. Look at my reviews on this site. I have receipts and paperwork for everything. I really have no ideal what lies Dave has been feeding people but this guy is as bad as they get. I can't even sleep at night, I'm barely eating, this whole mess has really ruined my entire outlook on thing. Thanks for eveyone who has sent supportive emails.
Thx,
James

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Holy crap. :(
Holy crap......................

I hope you have a good lawyer. With all the import documents you have this should eventually fall in your favor. But it might cost you a lot of money, and it might shine a bad light onto the hobby. I hope things move swiftly. Additionally I hope all your written words back and forth were saved because this well help as well. Even emails from your contacts over seas will help prove you were the one that brought them into the country.

Good luck. I know I would have lost my mind already and gotten into some big trouble.

NO ONE BUY FROM DAVE.

I can vouch for James, and he did not see this coming. Dave has an erratic personality and can not be trusted.

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You people are failing to face the grim facts. Receipts are nice but then the judge is going to ask about why they were in his possession.
then you need an unbiased witness, NOt you or your family to try to prove that they are YOURS under his care and not HIS own.

Again, your best hope for this would be get in touch with someone who has purchased and is willing to admit he knew they weren't his.

First, if i were you. i'd do whatever i can to get the b&e or larceny, whatever you were charged with dropped. regardless of if they were yours or not you entered another persons home without permission and took something out of it (or attempted)

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes

I actually have people that are on this site that have been to his house with me and have witness convertations that all the spiders are mine. Only 2 of the 4 people that where arrested where cited because the police are using the other 2 as witnesses to rebut what Dave claimed. Even his neighbor told the police a different story than Dave did so they now he was lying. Bottom line I have to wait on the D.A. or I'm trying to get a judge to step in. Hopefully my lawyer will work things out and I can recover most of my pets. Many of these spiders are super rare and where imported from Europe. Some of them are so rare they are the only ones around so it would be impossible for him to have gotten them anywhere. Thanks again to those who are supporting me!!!
James

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
why

When I first met Dave he was very nice. He actually came over after my first import and help me set-up spiders and I talk to him all the time. A mutual friend said he had bred some spiders in the past and said he had fallen on hard times. In my stupid sympathy I ask he he wanted to help care for my collection and possibly breed some spiders. This was strictly do to my intense travel schedule at work since we had lay-offs. Everything was great for both of us I thought. I was suppling all the food and selling some spiders to pay for the cost of imports while building a very nice collection in some day of hopes to breed these rare spiders for the hobby. I always offered great deals to the dealers and members of this site. Then some bad signs started to show with Dave getting into battles on this website which led to his ban. Trying to be a good friend I tried to counsil him on being a better person and focusing on spiders. Before I knew it he had gone of the deep end and said he was keeping all my spiders and to never contact him again. I know I need to share in the blame and trust me when I say I have felt much pain over this. But bottom line I do own all these spiders, have paperwork, witnesses and everything but justice is a slow process and if he sells everything I'll never get anything back. I'm asking the entire community to spread the word and not buy from Dave. I have posted my email and phone number and if there are any questions I'm more than happy to answer them.
Thanks,
James Tuttle
james.blaberus@gmail.com
707-206-1753

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
James I feel sickened for what you are going through.

I was surprised to see David recently start posting sale ads on the SCABIES forum. I didn't know what was going on but figured you were busy enough trying to sort it out without getting inquiries from practical stangers.

However, now that so much has come to light it is clear you have a serious problem. I just pray people do the right thing and...

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM DAVID LOVE!!!

While I do not know you well myself, I know you through your outstanding reputation and many personal referrals of many friends who have dealt with you. You are an upstanding person in general and certainly in the hobby. You are definitely a friend of SCABIES.

I have been trying to reach some mods this morning to get David banned from the forum and his ads removed. I don't know if it will help you to copy his ads trying to sell off your stock at ridiculous prices but it is listed on SCABIES.

I hope your lawyer can get the sale of the Tarantulas "frozen" until this can be resolved!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep us up to date as your time allows. I know you have many concerned supporters!

Jules

Last edited:

proper_tea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It might be nice to know what other names he is posting under, since not all of us can recognize your stock... also, what rare species should we look out for that might be a tell-tale sign?

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It might be nice to know what other names he is posting under, since not all of us can recognize your stock... also, what rare species should we look out for that might be a tell-tale sign?
This is the type of stock James normally has:

Acanthoscurria juruenicola
Acanthoscurria atrox

SLINGS:
Acanthoscurria atrox 2-3"
Acanthoscurria geniculata
Aphonopelma bicoloratum
Avicularia versicolor.
Brachypelma angustum
Brachypelma boehmi
Brachypelma emilia
Brachypelma smithi
Brachypelma sabolisum
C. cyaneopubescens (grenn bottle blues)
Cyriocosmas Elegans
Encyocratella olivacia 1"
Ephebopus cyanognathus
Grammostola alticeps
Grammostola spec Formosa
Lasiadora parahybana
M balfouri
Poecilotheria miranda
Selenobrachys philippinus
Xenesthis immanis slings 1"+

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would also like to add that anyone asking for money to be paypal'd to an address w/ "1488" in it may very well be Dave... like: sickboy1488@hotmail.com or dlove1488@sbcglobal.net

I, too, have purchased both Ts and roaches from James and I would hate for him to have to leave the hobby. Not enough new blood and new species are being imported and he's a great resource for doing that.

JayzunBoget

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anyone that went to Dave's Tarantula Kings sight can vouch that Dave was always talking about "James' tarantulas". He was never secretive about it back then.
One question that I had was, have you contacted some of the people from that board? If you have not, you may find some of them to be very helpful in this situation. There were some good people there and I doubt that they would support Dave in this.
In my own dealings with him in the past, I am convinced that he is not completely in touch with reality. The lies that he tells are the lies of a five year old who doesn't see how contradictory to reality they are.
I'm sorry to hear about all of this, James, and I hope you land back in the saddle when all of this is through so that we may have the opportunity of buying from you again.
You have made an impact on this awesome hobby, I would hate to see that end.
Besides, I need to order more Ts for Preuss Pets!

PS If anyone suspects a sale posting of being from Dave Love "Yoo wil no it bye the speling"

Last edited by a moderator:

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks everyone

I really appreciate all the support. I'm off to court today but it's a slow process. Hopefully the word has spread enough and people don't buy these stolen spiders till the case gets heard. It appears for now all Dave's ads have been pulled and I want to THANK all of the mods and board owners. I will have a copy of the filing available to fax for anyone that wants it.(A very few people still think Dave is not a bad guy) I will keep you guys posted.
Thank you,
James Tuttle

sarraceniashawn

Arachnopeon
Daves post on SCABIES has been removed so Im glad for that, and it looks like there keeping neutral as well. Ive never personally bought anything from James but Ive never heard anything bad ever about him so I really hope this gets settled in your favor James.

Shawn

Last edited:

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
I saw in this post that my forum, Arachnophiles Anonymous, was mentioned and I felt compelled to set the record straight. My forum remains completely neutral in this matter. Neither side is permitted to post advertisements and I feel that is the best and most fair way of handling it. I have spoken both to James Tuttle and Dave Love (via phone) and both have acknowledged that keeping it neutral and completely uninvolved is a safe bet.

We are NOT taking sides in this matter nor are we fueling any fires.