Upset , but need answers

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bought a Cobalt about a year ago from a dealer who I heard was very relyable. Anyway , the she is now a he. I couldnt figure out why since the last molt she comes out every night. Well , it makes sense .. the she is a he ... looking for a she. ( If that makes sense ) . I confirmed even though Im new to sexing Ts ( and before anyone says it ... I dont sex Ts on a regular basis .. just ones that Ive known awhile and have commited to ) Im 100% sure on the hooks and all .. How long can I expect him to live now .. and why wont he eat? Is he on a quest to just mate and die on an empty belly? If I knew I was going .. Id like to have a full tummy atleast. Thanks for any help !

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He is more interested in mating than food...if possible find him a female...this way he goes out happy and you may get a pile of slings...try feeding him once a week..

Regards, Mike ;)

ceaser68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
been there before!

hey i had that happen to me too! when i went to the pet shop it sure looked like a she. but after the next two molts and i noticed the spurs on the pedipalps it was obvious my she was a he! but it was funny cause he was still blue except for the abdoman.. :?

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
I'd say this is the chance you take when buying WC animals. That part I assume since you bought it at a near adult size and the sex was 'assumed'. I've had this happen with large "female size" chacos and apophysis (pretty sure its male). Both were large esp when compared to males in stock (so I was told). So you play the game of assuming. Still all hope is not lost and you can send him off....
T

SSW.com

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If your cobalt was guaranteed female ....then contact your dealer. They should replace him with a female or make you happy one way or the other. If it was not a guaranteed female .... well ...send him off for breeding. :D

Hope this helps,
Joel