1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Uploading Photo's to Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting / Suggestions' started by InvertFix, Feb 21, 2012.

1. InvertFix

InvertFix Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    So I'm having some issues uploading photo's to my picture thread from my computer. I select the photo's then select "Upload", then it puts a big red "!" right next to the file name. I've tried reducing the resolution and everything. I don't know what is wrong since I had no problems uploading before a few days ago.

Does anyone have this problem or know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
    ~Fix

2. RyTheTGuy

RyTheTGuy Arachnoknight

WA
    Try using Photobucket, copy the IMG code and post it in a reply like this
    [​IMG]

3. Zoltan

Zoltan Cult Leader

4. InvertFix

InvertFix Arachnobaron

It was the quota, thank you very much.
    Would it add to the quota to use something like photobucket as RyTheTGuy suggested?

5. Zoltan

Zoltan Cult Leader

No, your upload quota is only for files/images that you upload via the board's 'Attachment' function. You can hotlink as many of your photos from an external source as you want.

Edit: BTW, you can also upload up to 25 MB to the Arachnogallery, and hotlink from there.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  6. RyTheTGuy

RyTheTGuy Arachnoknight

WA
    I prefer using Photobucket because I dont have to worry about a quota, its easy, plus all my photos are in the same place.

7. InvertFix

InvertFix Arachnobaron

Thank you guys very much.

I guess I need to make a photobucket account. :)

8. RyTheTGuy

RyTheTGuy Arachnoknight

WA
    Its pretty easy to use, but if you need help. Just ask and I can help you.

9. InvertFix

InvertFix Arachnobaron

Oh I used to have one, I just don't remember what email I used for it. So I'll just make a new one specifically for my critters. :p
    It couldn't have changed too much since I last used it.

10. RyTheTGuy

RyTheTGuy Arachnoknight

WA
    Eh, no not really. Its still pretty much the same.

11. paassatt

paassatt Arachnoangel

The only bad thing about Photobucket and sites like them is once you upload a pic to their site, you give up all copyright claims to it.

12. InvertFix

InvertFix Arachnobaron

Really? I didn't know that... Can't you set it to private or something?

13. RyTheTGuy

RyTheTGuy Arachnoknight

WA
    Im pretty sure you can set your albums to private and only people with the password can get in and see them.

14. InvertFix

InvertFix Arachnobaron

But if I set it to private, would people still be able to see the image when I put the IMG code on the boards? Or no?
    I don't want to lose my copyrights, but I still want to share the photos with people on here.

15. RyTheTGuy

RyTheTGuy Arachnoknight

WA
    "You retain all your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or while using Photobucket. This means that YOU own ALL the Content you post"
    Just put a watermark on the photo and you should be good. Create your own logo or something

Anyone can see the image if you post the IMG code. my album is private and I can post pictures.
    [​IMG]

16. paassatt

paassatt Arachnoangel

Photobucket can use your picture or sell it to a third party without your consent and you have no recourse. It's right there in the terms of service.

You are also giving other Users the right to copy, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and create derivative works from it via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, via services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content, and via social media websites).

17. InvertFix

InvertFix Arachnobaron

Fantastic, thank you for your help. :)

---------- Post added 02-22-2012 at 03:37 PM ----------

That's aweful D:
    Ugh.
    Are there any sites that don't do that?

18. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    Us, but then you have the limit. ;)