Unknown scorpion from Reptile Show

Scrab

Arachnopeon
In my frenzy to get some cool Ts at the San Diego Reptile Show, I forgot what type of scorpion this was since it was the first thing I bought :embarrassed: I think it had the word "fire" in it's name but they didn't have a scientific name on the container. They said it would get to 3 inches and that they aren't burrowers. It is currently an inch, maybe an inch and a half long, not very skittish.

If anyone has any info on what this thing is, I'd really appreciate it! Any advice on how to care for an unknown species would be welcome also!

Attachments

Stugy

Arachnolord
UGHH... I almost went to the show but my mother kept complaining that admission was too expensive and she didn't want to go even though she was the one who reminded me of it in the first place and also said she was going to take me. Buahaha maybe next year for me. I hope you had a good time at the show. :) Awesome scorpion by the way. Which vendor did you purchase it from? Maybe they have a website and it might be there.

Scrab

Arachnopeon
Wow thanks guys! I knew I could count on you experts at arachnoboards! I felt like such a dummy for forgetting the name ): and I also forgot the vendor! :banghead: This was my first time at the reptile show so I'll remember for sure next time.

@Stugy Hey, that leaves you another year to save some spending money! I ended up going during the last three hours of the show so I feel like vendors were more willing to bargain, but that also meant all the rare T's were gone. So I didn't see any exciting ones.

Stenodactylus

Arachnosquire
I agree with @brandontmyers on the ID. @xunicronx, it is too scrawny to be Anuroctonus. Those are big clawed, aggressive burrowers which deserve their common name of "mafia scorpion"... haha. They pretty much look like a smaller Opistophthalmus with a worse attitude.

I keep a few Paruroctonus species, and while it does superficially look like them, a lot of vaejovids look similar. I'll have to agree with the others on the confusus ID!

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Btw I'm still stuck on older classifications. The institution of paravaejovis kovarkia etc I am still learning. Any recent recommended papers on the changes and new assignations?