Unknown scorp from Malaysia

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A friend of mine from Malaysia, Sabah, Kota Kinabalu tagged me these photo and asked for ID but i have no idea what is it, any idea guys?

Any chance its Isometrus zideki?

Last edited:

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi, I can see only X and no pics :(

Just guessing, is it the black scorpion with reddish finger tips?

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like hotlinking from facebook wont work haha
Sorry for that i fixed it

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Impossible to ID even to genus level. Isometrus lack tibial spurs on legpairs III and IV that Lychas have...I would have to look at it under the microscope to be able to ID it, but it is either a Lychas or Isometrus.
If it is I.zideki is not sure at all, but it is not I.maculatus............Tell your friend to send me some preserved ones....:)

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Perhaps i can try to take a microscope picture, wait till i get one for myself and check the tibial spurs
I told him to go and find more and breed them so we can have more specimen to keep for ID-ing purpose
He found two so far, both looks like female if they are adult, finger crossed :)

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Perhaps i can try to take a microscope picture, wait till i get one for myself and check the tibial spurs
I told him to go and find more and breed them so we can have more specimen to keep for ID-ing purpose
He found two so far, both looks like female if they are adult, finger crossed :)

Good idea, then we would know the genus....That's a good start....

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats with the newborns, Ryokenzaki! I hope you breed a whole colony of these, so you can send me an adult pair in the future for identification :)

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Very nice scorp u have :D. Although i have no clue what it is, i can say its really beautiful! And congratulations on the brood :)!

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Those are not mine, it belong to my friend but he will send some for me when they are ready to go :)

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats with the newborns, Ryokenzaki! I hope you breed a whole colony of these, so you can send me an adult pair in the future for identification :)
Send some to me too!:D Definitely try to breed them, this is an absolutely beautiful scorpion! Congradulations and good luck with the babies!

moymoy

Arachnopeon
1st glance, it look like a lychas sp. to me.. hehe I have high hopes for the identification of your specimen. Congratulations by the way.