Understanding GBB Behaviour

codicez

Arachnosquire
Hi guys! How are you ? I got my Gbb in Juvenile stage in Jenuary, She molted 3 times..
She use to be inside her " hide " when in premolt/molting period and outside when she wasn't...

I feed her mainly with Cricket and se can takedown also 2 in the same feeding session..

Now last month and half I feed her with 1 Dubia.. She takedown and went to her hide, she stayd there all the time , she also close her " front " entrance, she got 2/3 entrance and I tought she was in premolt, she stayd in her hide for about a month and now since 2/3 days I saw her again outside, so I try to feed her and she took down the pray...

Is this " normal " I mean , she was in her hide for a month and morewhen I was trying to feed she bolt and she seems not interesting at all and now after a month she eat again ?
Anyone got same kinda of experience ?

Here is she in the bottom left, she got entrance at the front, at the back and in the middle where fake leaf are.. She used to live also on top of the corkBar where she webbd all around
IMG_20181022_124013.jpg

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Sounds normal, it just didn't want to be bothered. I wouldn't be worried unless its abdomen looked abnormally small or it was looking dehydrated.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
It´s not something unique for GBBs. Pretty much all tarantulas will spend most of their time in their burrows or hideouts when they are in premoult or simply not hungry.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Sounds normal to me, I've had several Ts close themselves in for weeks without molting, come out and eat once, then molt a few days later.

codicez

Arachnosquire
Sounds normal, it just didn't want to be bothered. I wouldn't be worried unless its abdomen looked abnormally small or it was looking dehydrated.
She looked completly fine to me... How a Dehydrated tarantula looks like ? sorry for the question :D

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
She looked completly fine to me... How a Dehydrated tarantula looks like ? sorry for the question :D
Their legs will start to curl. A mildly dehydrated tarantula will just have a little bit of curl at the end of the legs and as they get more and more dehydrated they will curl up more until they end up in a death curl.