Underrated Species Appreciation Thread

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Forgot to add another one, I find Tapinauchenius violaceus aren't at the top of peoples choices.

Last edited:

FinnMosin

Arachnopeon
Poecilotheria rufilata. As far as Poecilotheria goes, many overshadow this one. In my opinion it is the most striking. Greens, pinks, yellows and black. They also have that cool "bandit mask" all us S. calceatum fans appreciate. And they are huge. You can keep your metallica, I'll have a rufilata instead. I'd say subfusca is just as nice, but they sure aren't under appreciated.

Attachments

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Brachypelma albopilosum aka "Honduran Curly Hair" aka "Hobby Form" aka "Pube Hair" aka "The Crap Version"

Watched everyone turn snobbish since the Nicaraguan form became readily available... I don't care if mine is part vagans or some random mongrel or even just a less popular version, she's awesome and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. :rage::punch::punch::punch::punch:

View media item 39473View media item 39472

boina

Lady of the mites
Forgot to add another one, I find Tapinauchenius violaceus aren't at the top of peoples choices.
Tapinauchenius in general I'd say. I have sanctivincenti and they are awsome. Active, out, voratious and great colors. What's not to like?

cold blood

Staff member
N. incei is underrated too, at least in my country
Underrated everywhere...the whole genus is (much like those thrixies)
LPs are not boring IMO View attachment 260121 . Yeah, they are not as colorful as other Ts, but I found their dark grey/pink hair coloration really nice. Mine is very active and he never uses his hide. Aaand- he is eating like a monster.
500 species could have eaten that just the same and many share their appetite...and they all look better doing it...hehe.

Same for not hiding.

I'm not dissing your LP, just expressing myself:) Everyone has or will have an LP, its good that some people love them...even if I find it funny:rofl::D

But really, if you like the LP, you really need to get yourself a Pamphobeteus species. Pamphs feed on LPs...lol...and anything else that gets in their way.:bored:

Tapinauchenius in general I'd say. I have sanctivincenti and they are awsome. Active, out, voratious and great colors. What's not to like?
Good one.

Not only have I never had a Tap...Ive never even been close to getting one.....Definitely a genus I over look personally....which is nuts, as I know I would like them, they have many traits I adore...speed, fast growth, great appetites (pretty much comes with fast growth though). They're not even that expensive.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Good one.

Not only have I never had a Tap...Ive never even been close to getting one.....Definitely a genus I over look personally....which is nuts, as I know I would like them, they have many traits I adore...speed, fast growth, great appetites (pretty much comes with fast growth though). They're not even that expensive.
I just told a story in another thread, my Tapi sp Union Island freebie shed in November, ate last Friday night, and then unexpectedly shed again the next day, Saturday. And has some pretty cool web tubing built in the little vial. Along with pretty adult colors.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
But really, if you like the LP, you really need to get yourself a Pamphobeteus species. Pamphs feed on LPs...lol...and anything else that gets in their way.:bored:
Hey man, if you like that pampho...you need to get yourself some Theraphosa. They feed on pamphs! And their better at everything else... lmao just busting your chops. ;)
Definitely. I think most people sleep on them because they don't get very large. @cold blood Buy one man, you won't regret it.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I'm not sure one could really get enough Pamphos. They're just too good to miss out on.

Shaithisferenczy

Arachnopeon
for me the most under rated has to be Euathlus sp "Red" wonderful well mannered little creatures and i never see anyone talking about them :( They are hard to get though, at least where i am anyway.

WoofSpider

Arachnosquire
N. incei is underrated too, at least in my country. But they are absolutely gorgeous and cute and a must-have for every collection. View attachment 260122 View attachment 260123
N. incei is probably my favorite species of all time. I never buy more than one of a species, but I definitely need a gold version to go with my green one. I mean, just look at this thing. It's ridiculously beautiful.

20170923_095335.jpg 20170923_095249_copy.jpg