Unboxing video of my new E. rubripes (plus face reveal).

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Well, I finally took the plunge. Let me know how you think I went! Don't forget to subscribe to my channel!

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Nice new Ethmo! Looks almost like an E. trigonopodus 'Yellow Leg'.
Great video as always!

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Thanks! And yeah, they do look quite similar. If it wasn't for the distribution, I'd have a really hard time telling the difference between them.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Also does the setup seem like too much of a Dark Den ripoff? I only just thought of that now to be honest, but given the shape of my couch, there really wasn't really another option.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
I wouldn't worry about the setup. These videos are great because of the centipedes, not the furniture.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Haha thanks for bringing up my point !
I maybe wasn't very clear. It was not a problem to understand the video in itself, it was just annoying at times :)

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Thanks. I'll try to do something about it, but it's hard when the main road runs right by your apartment.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
very good video. I didn't think the road noise was very obvious - I could hear you all the way through.

Salvador

Arachnosquire
Nice clear image, and well presented video. The sound level is a bit too low though. Get yourself a cheap mic to plug into the cam and position it near you, or a seperate audio recorder (even your phone, if it has one) and import the file in during editing. You'll notice a massive difference. You could tidy up what you have by boosting/noise reduction but I suspect it'll distort a little.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Thanks. I was already well aware of that, and I'll be getting one ASAP - can you still understand what I'm saying at least?

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Well, you guys can expect some more videos coming soon. My current E. rubripes, who I've decided to rename Azog, is calming down really fast. By next week, it should be as handleable as my late morsitans was. In addition to a handling video, I'll probably use him as a dummy to make a video on centipede anatomy.
IMG_0137.JPG
Also, I have a second tiger rubripes on the way, which may be even bigger than Azog (and hopefully a different gender), albeit with a missing leg. Naturally that means that there will be a second in boxing video. Here's a pic of the rubripes I'm getting: IMG_0157.JPG Thirdly, I'm in contact with someone who collects a much darker banded rubripes variant from Inland Australia, which is a truly awesome looking pede and apparently gets bigger than the coastal (rain/eucalyptus forest) tiger forms. Here's a photo of one: IMG_0158.JPG
So, I've got quite a few vids coming. I'm certainly looking forward to filming them!

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Ikr! Apparently the one in the photo was 20cm BL. It's been sold, but they're quite common where the guy lives, so it shouldn't be long before he gets some more.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Azog is a GREAT name! Very appropriate for such a barbaric-looking color morph. If tiger #2 is female, maybe you could have some little Bolgs running around...

I'm sorry but that last dark morph is hilariously scrunched up. I'm sure I wouldn't be laughing if I saw it in person... 20cm is no laughing matter.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Well, to be honest, I'm not too sure Azog is a male; it's just a term I'm used to using as my late morstians was a confirmed male. As he was pretty much the only pede I ever posted about at that time, I got into the habit of referring to all centipedes as "he".

And when you say "scrunched up" do you mean contracted? If so, I must agree. Reminds me a lot of S. alternans in terms of build.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
And when you say "scrunched up" do you mean contracted? If so, I must agree. Reminds me a lot of S. alternans in terms of build.
Really! I've always pictured alternans as more slender, but I guess you are right... The related longipes from Florida (which I hold a grudge with.. Five specimens I unearthed this year and not a single one was captured) is a chunkier looking centipede. In terms of thickness though, nothing beats out a well-fed S. viridcornis black morph.