Question Unable to comment on "for sale/wanted" threads

DratzKennedy

Arachnopeon
I am fairly new to AB and have been learning my way around the forum. So far I am enjoying everything about the site. Everyone is awesome and informational, and seem very willing to help. So I was wandering if anyone could answer a question i have about leaving comments in a certain thread. I have been looking for a reliable source to order some inverts through on AB. I was able to find the "for sale" section, and even found a few lists in which i am very interested in purchasing from, however, when i go to leave a comment it tells me i dont have the proper privilages on the site to leave a comment on said thread (or something along those lines). I was hoping someone could give me some insight into why that is, why it is saying that, and what/if there is i can do to be allowed to leave comments. This will be my first time ordering live specimens online. Thank you!!

user 666

Arachnobaron
I beleive that is standard for this site

I've never been able to leave comments in that forum

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The only people who can comment on the classifieds pages are the original posters who can adjust their listing, like commenting to indicate which items have sold, which are still available, changes in price, or just to give it a bump to the top of the list. I believe moderators may also be able to comment.

If you are interested in one of the ads, you need to send a private message to the seller. Click their user name, then click start conversation.

DratzKennedy

Arachnopeon
Thank you guys, i would rather send a personal message in regards to business with a member. I was unsure how to do that before your comments so thank you. I will be utilizing this new information.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Welcome to the boards! :) Please see the first bulletin under "Some General Notes on Posting:" http://arachnoboards.com/threads/welcome-to-arachnoboards.44878/

Aside from starting a conversation with the user, you can also click on the "reviews" tab in their user profile. This will bring you to their review item where they will have contact info. If ever you can not find it, please let us know. :)

Debby

DratzKennedy

Arachnopeon
Last edited by a moderator: