Um wow, Tank Dividers

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Look on bright the side the person that owns the Salmon pink doesn't have to worry about feeding it that week. And now that I think about it the Usumbara shouldn't need to be feed for long time either.;)

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Also, judging from what was recognizable about the usambara that was left, it appeared to be several inches smaller than the salmon pink. could have something to do with it.

Bill

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
expensive snack

thats the one thing i love about this hobby, if somthing goes horribly wrong we take pictures and share them ;P

I wonder how that Usumbara tasted to the salmon pink,

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WHat a strange coincidence that I am keeping a Salmon Pink and an Usumbara in a cage with a divider. I just know that it is impossible for one to get to the other so I am ok.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
I just know that it is impossible for one to get to the other so I am ok.
Something tells me that is exactly the same thing these people thought :D

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No it really is impossible. THe spiders are large and there ar eno holes and it is fully secure. THey would have to be able to teleport to do so. I have kept many spiders in this setup and it has worked. It is great.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I once used a fish tank divider with two rosea's. The divider was flexible, and somehow the smaller rosea got through it. And then there was one. :(

E

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I personally feel that this is no surprise that the Salmon ate the Usambara. I have a 6" Salmon and there isn't nothing that she won't eat. They are tanks on a food mission!

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
With how cheap PetPals are, I would never consider keeping ultiple tarantulas in the same enclosure!
Its just not worth it!

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey JacenBeers.......i would DEFINITELY be interested in some pics of that divided enclosure you have there.....i had a rather lengthy thread going a while back on the subject of tank dividers....i'd say most people were against it but in my opinion, if it was done right, there would be NOTHING wrong with it...i think i could easily make a divider for my 10 gallon aquarium that would be impenetrable even by mites!!!.....my only concern would be having two Ts in there that shared similar habitat requirements....

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A while back I was keeping a G. rosea and an E. rufescens in 2 seperate containers next to each other. One time I accidently bumped into those containers while I was hurrying to get to school. When I got home from school, I noticed that both containers were slightly opened. I looked closer and the rufescens was in the rosea's mouth. Somehow for whatever reason, the rufescens got out of its cage and decided to go into another one.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well.. now you guys have me convinced! I had actually considered using the dividers..but considering how my reptile ranches are even flimsier than some petpals I've seen.. I would NEVER risk that! Right now I'm so paranoid as it is, I am always checking my cages to be sure no one can get out! :p I would hate to lose any of my pets :D In fact, the lids to the reptile ranches are so weak, that I put my smaller T's on top of the lids of the bigger T's containers so that they can't get out :D A bit obsessive, I know but no one has managed to escape me yet ;)

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by jwb121377
Look on bright the side the person that owns the Salmon pink doesn't have to worry about feeding it that week. And now that I think about it the Usumbara shouldn't need to be feed for long time either.;)
Lol :)

Hmmm.. 2 inch difference between the two.
The slightly excited feeling accompanied by thoughts like 'I wonder who'd win between..' must be why some people arrange and let animals partake in things like rooster fighting. Good thing we can keep it in check.

zoobugs

L.D.50
Old Timer
I've used a ten gal. tank, divided into 3 compartments, housing a king baboon, a Texas Tan. and a curly-hair in it for about 3 years now. Just cut plexiglas-to-fit the inside diameter of the tank, use copius amounts of aquarium silicone, and have a tight fitting screen top. This even makes the king baboon more visible as she makes her burrow up against the glass and you can see her down below.
Best..
Jim

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
While I fully believe it's possible to divide tanks safely (the seperate doors are a great idea), I just don't see how it's worth the effort. After you go through the trouble of cutting and gluing the divider, not to mention making your door area secure, then you have two cages that suddenly become difficult to clean without cleaning both at the same time. This means you have to wrangle two spiders, even if only one tank has a problem.

Of course, I'm a guy who keeps most of his collection in various rubbermaid and sterilite boxes that cost less than $2-$3. The sillicone alone costs more than one of my whole cages! Sill, if you like aquariums, 5 gals are fairly cheap.

Wade

zoobugs

L.D.50
Old Timer
Well, money is usually not the problem with me, it's space. I usually want more inverts(that can't live communally), than I have individual cages for. A simple shelf unit that houses 3 rows of ten gal tanks can turn into multiple enclosures depending on the size and species of the individuals. I still use Rubbermaid boxes, plastic gallon jars and such, but I still enjoy the use of an aquarium tank if I can divvy it up.
Best..
Jim

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im with ya, zoobugs......that is kind of what i would like to have ....some sort of shelves with about 3 or 4 tanks divided up with a built-in heating system......

i am not familiar with the caresheets on the three you keep together...i assume they all require similar temperature/humidity??.......and can they tell or do they behave like they "know" about their neighbors??