1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Typhochlaena seladonia- Hatched

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by viper69, Feb 10, 2018.

1. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Advertisement
    On request, as in the prices aren't advertised? If so, that person is just a money hungry grubber.

I can't speak for this species. However there is a species that is half identified, ie genus only. It's blue....sounds rare? Not really, a local I communicated with told me there are all over the fences out in their native locality. I'm sure the same kind of person who is doing the above would do the same with another species, simply to drive up price.

I'll just wait on the price, I waited over a decade for P mets to drop in price, I'll do the same w/this species. If I don't get to own one, I don't care, I have plenty of other Ts and herps to keep me busy.:D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnoprince Active Member

Texas
    My dad offered to get me a xenesthis immanis for my birthday but I would way too nervous taking care of a 100 dollar sling and would probably end up killing it because I would take TOO much care of it. I can't even imagine taking care of something like a seladonia.

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Greasylake

Texas
  4. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Because of what you turned down!!

Get the Xenesthis dude...just get it...its a NW terrestrial, you won't kill it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Greasylake

Texas
    Okay fair enough lol. I have to get shelf built first because I have a rehouse or two in my future and I don't really have room for too many more T's right now, but after I get that done I'll go track one down.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dovey

Dovey Arachnobaron Active Member

Oh darling, he's right. Get the sling! I know $100 sling sounds like a lot...until you have one. Then it's just a nice sling. And it's the $180 mature female or $400 breeding group that you want that seems like too much money. And then, and then.... It's like when you apply for a job and you think the salary is fabulous and you wouldn't even know what you would do with all that money. Then you get the job and now you have a nicer place to live and a more expensive car and you're just as broke as you ever were. It's all relative.

I just wouldn't want an expensive little thing because the only spiders I've ever lost under suspicious circumstances were tiny little slings, so I just avoid anything under a half inches a matter of principle.

Absolutely do not be afraid of a $100 sling. Especially if it's a toughie. Price is just a matter of supply and demand. When it gets hard to get roseas out of Chile, roseas may become $100 slings. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I saw a dealer that wanted $3200 for one sling:
    https://tarantulaforum.com/threads/...donia-ch-sp-electric-blue-and-many-more.9219/

Palp Friction's site is DOWN:
    http://www.palpfrictiontarantulas.com/shop.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2018
  8. Tony

Tony Arachno-pragmatarian Old Timer

For $3200.. I'd take a chance on a flight and an inspection LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Razzledazzy

Razzledazzy Arachnosquire Active Member

Yeah I saw Palp Friction was down hours ago, I was looking to window shop :(

10. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gotcha, I'm still new to all of this and am leaning MANY new things daily which is why I have been very active on these boards. I appreciate all the feedback!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. MetalMan2004

MetalMan2004 Arachnobaron

Texas
    • Funny Funny x 1