TV tarantulas

Bark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Someone actually DATED Mr. Burns?!! Ewwww, yuck!!
Money apparently talks to the ladies... Look at Billy Gates, Billy Joel, Rod Stewart, Prince Charles, Donald Trump, that Geezer Anna-Nicole married, and of course Hugh Hefner has 6 gold diggers around him at all times.

Then again Cher and Roseanne Bar/Arnold/whatever have had their share of male golddiggers.

/Off Topic ;)

Jeri

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sansoucie said:
I remember Homer! I had forgotten about Wed. Addams. What kind of T did she have, do you remember?? ( just idle curiosity :) )
I don't remember from the old series, but I do remember from their guest appearance on "The New Scooby Doo Movies." Wednesday was found in the attic playing with Homer like a yo-yo. He was badly drawn though, just a black ball with 8 leggs.

Jeri

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think we should boycott all major networks until the tarantula keeping community is equally represented. {D

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
in the movie the haunted mansion there were pinktoe tarantulas in the cemetary

mike

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Phaedrus said:
I think we should boycott all major networks until the tarantula keeping community is equally represented. {D
I already do!! I only watch Discovery, Animal Planet and Nat Geo... where I can at least catch a T show once every, oh 6 months or so! :(

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
I don’t want anyone to get the wrong idea, but I think it might be a bad idea if television were to “promote” Ts by featuring them more often in a more positive light. First of all, popular TV shows never do show things as they really are – liberties are always taken with whatever the subject matter happens to be. It’s just a way to get more people to watch the show, if you know what I mean.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that if television depicted Ts in shows more often, even if it’s in a positive way, it still won’t be the whole truth and it might prompt people (who otherwise were not interested in Ts) to go out and buy a T without being fully aware of what they are getting themselves into.

For the T’s own safety, it might be best if people continued to maintain their incredibly blind and irrational fear of giant hairy spiders. That way, only those who are knowledgeable about these creatures and who respect them and give them the care they require will be in possession of them.

Er... does this make any sense? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, by the way, has anyone here seen The Lord of the Rings Return of the King? Okay, I know the beautiful black spider in that movie wasn’t a tarantula, but it was still chizz :D . I’d been interested in Ts before seeing that spider, but it really was what prompted me to buy my first T.

Last edited: