Turn on Animal Planet.

Tweak Sairaxx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Turn it on if youve got it, Rick West has his special on right now (7pm EST) called spidermania.

Adios

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i have it coming on again at 11 pm. i set the dvr since i don't think the gf will wanna see it:?

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ehh, im gonna have to wait till 1 A.M. to watch it, I hope its sweet. What species did he go after?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i kind of hope its the chicken eating spider one. i missed it last time. but new info would be good too:clap:

Tweak Sairaxx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It was pretty good, after a brief intro of Rick, he travels to southern mexico to track a rare cave dwelling tarantula (Sp?) Throughout the use of Latin names is scarce, it was mentioned but I missed it.
Then tracks and locates C. Cyaneopubescens in its native habitat.
Spends time with a tribe that locates large Pampho's and uses them for food and ritual.
Discusses the exotic habitation of B. Vagans in southern Florida.

It was a good program, more indepth than other tarantula based programs I've seen, but rather geared towards the general populus at the same time.

Good viewing though!

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I didnt like it because it said that the GBB was "rarely seen and never filmed". Which is total BS of course.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I didnt like it because it said that the GBB was "rarely seen and never filmed". Which is total BS of course.
Well in the wild this may not be so BS. I've never seen a video of GBB's filmed in the wild before that. It was nice to see their actual habitat.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I heard it was made in 1998, so yeah up until then they may not have been filmed on camera. I enjoyed watching it, its pretty sweet how ballsy rick is, he picks any tarantula up no matter what kind!

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i'm watching it on the dvr right now and it's a little dumbed down but i still enjoy seeing an animal show on something besides big cats or elephants:clap:

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I didnt like it because of the way he had his Ts set-up in the beginning....hes supposed to be an arachnologist and he had them in terrible enclosures IMO.

I think that the guy just wantd to make some money and didnt care how many lies he had to tell about tarantulas to make that money.

Since the show was made so long ago, Protectyaneck, your probably right. At that time, it was probably the first time they were filmed.

Please correct me if Im wrong about any of this. The guy just dissapointed me because I have heard such good things about him and then he did this show and I was like...wow really?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i think it's likely that he moved the Ts in that multiple tank just for video purposes(not sure, mind you but it makes sense to me) and put them back afterwards.:?

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good lord! That show has been out for a LONG time! I watched it 3 months ago. It seems like every time it airs, 20 new threads pop up about it being new lol. Still a good show as always from Rick West though! He did another more recent one and announced it a bit back on Monster Quest (is that what its called?) on Discovery. They were looking for 'monster' tarantulas... pretty cool stuff.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i think it's likely that he moved the Ts in that multiple tank just for video purposes(not sure, mind you but it makes sense to me) and put them back afterwards.:?
Possibly. I didnt think of that. I hope thats what he did because he seems like the kind of guy who would definitly take care of is spiders.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
J. everson, I bet Rick put those T's in those enclosures for the video. He wanted people to see the T's, they would be all webbed up other wise.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
J. everson, I bet Rick put those T's in those enclosures for the video. He wanted people to see the T's, they would be all webbed up other wise.
I guesse thats logical. Didnt think of it before. Yea, thats probably why they were housed like that.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
One thing I want to point out (I just got around to watching it this afternoon; I recorded a few weeks ago) is that this is actually a repeat; I saw the original back in '02, which is what sparked my interest in checking out Ft. Pierce for the vagans.

Oasis Inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know that spot were Rick was in Ft. Pierce, I was there in '03 and they were still there I live about a 30 min drive away.....It is so cool to view them in the wild and not through a glass enclosure......