T's and their tanks

MatthewBerfield

Arachnopeon
I've always been told that you can't have more than one tarantula in a tank even if they are the same species (Please correct me if i am worng) but i was at my local Petco like 2 days ago and they had a tank with 2 baby pinktoes in it. so yeah let me know your opionion about this...thanks!!

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
for what i've known, pinktoes and other pokies can be kept together........ and there is nothing to be worried about them.... {D {D

Stagger-Lee

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if they keep em togeather they will adventually have one slightly fatter one. avics can get along togeather for months sometimes years then oen day some one gets hungry and someone else will wander too close to the hungry one and and....
Poecilotheria siblings can usually be kept togeather with minimal losses but still they are expencive spiders and one you dont want to get bit by, not worth the risks.

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
some species can be kept together but it is a risk. I would suggest you not to keep tarantulas in the same tank even if they are the same species like pinktoes or pokies.

MatthewBerfield

Arachnopeon
yeah i have 2 chilean rose hairs and i keep them in seperate tanks. I just thought it was weird how a pet store would keep two T's in the same tank, if a kid that knows little about T's wants to get one he may have the idea that is it ok to have more than one T in a tank and end up losing one or both. I've heard though that most pet stores don't keep T's in proper tanks.... :eek: