Trying to be a New Millipede Parent

Jammarve

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm trying to do my research before I start my Millipede life journey, and in my research, I was wondering if I could keep Millipedes (two Florida Ivory) and Hermit Crabs in the same tank/enclosure? on paper, I think I could but then again what I'm reading may be very very wrong.
Thank you so much.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
No, the hermit crabs will tear it to pieces and most likelg die or get seriously ill in the process because of the toxins that the millipede releases. Hermit crabs should be left by themselves or with each other, and shouod not be kept with any other animal.

Jammarve

Arachnopeon
No, the hermit crabs will tear it to pieces and most likelg die or get seriously ill in the process because of the toxins that the millipede releases. Hermit crabs should be left by themselves or with each other, and shouod not be kept with any other animal.
Thank you so much!!!!

kingofall

Arachnosquire
For more information on millipede I would recommend you go to the myriapod forum

davehuth

Arachnoknight
Florida Ivory millipedes are a very good choice for a first millipede, because they're a decent size, beautifully patterned, and tend to stay active on the surface much of the time. If you give them high quality substrate, don't let them get too dry (or sopping wet) and keep them at room temperature or a little higher, they'll give you lots of enjoyment.