True Spiders' progress

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
(not putting down scientific names unless asked, takes to long to spell out or copy/paste otherwise)

Queenie, my little gray house spider (australian house spider) is doing amazing she is still doing well, shows no sign of spider senior age. She is eating, cleaning her webbing, replacing destroyed or dirty webbing. She eats very small dubia nymphs (ones that probably have had their first ever molt) twice a week. She gets misted once a day. She isn't skittish and knows what is happening when I open her container, have never bothered her to handle her, and don't plan to unless necessary, otherwise just letting her be her spider self.

I have a false widow, who I have yet to name, because I have not learned anything about her, she is a hermit and shy. She likes fruit flies, doesn't like roaches.

I have a young cellar spider, I might release it, it of course likes fruit flies.

And then I have my cat-faced orbweaver, she(?) is named Hallow, after her colors reminding me of halloween. She's huge fan of fruit flies, at three for me last night.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Nice progress! Do you have the scientific name of the Australian house spider?

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Sorry for late response XD I thought I answered this but obviously this morning has been a bit off for me, this is what Queenie is: Badumna longinqua

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Btw, I have them all over my backyard, Queenie was just one who found her way into my house and was super chill, I have not yet found a male... there are females and juveniles EVERYWHERE, though. I think a lot of the females are pretty chill though, the ones who live closer to where I pass by aren't bothered by my presence unless I stop and stare too long XD

At least I think the ones in my backyard are the same as her. She is much more of a gray/silver color but she's also older than most I see. And I am not sure what other species I have near me that look so much like her (Will search to see if I can find out)

Last edited: